Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some guy carried this in to the Creek today..said it was his grandfathers...it is very miss matched, but has the intact mum..nice bore too. Patina all over exterior..no pitting under wood. Noticed some wrench marks on the barrel shank..looks like it was rebarreled and renumbered 3443...bolt is SN#3557. Is this common to renumber barrel and receiver? If you saw it would you go for the snag?

View attachment 12192

View attachment 12193

View attachment 12194

View attachment 12195

View attachment 12196

View attachment 12197

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was asking $200....i know it is miss matched.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sigh...why did bubba always feel the need to attack Japanese rifles with a pipe wrench? I have seen way too many of these things. The numbers on the bottom are the assembly numbers, which are stamped on the barrel and receiver on this weapon. Obviously bubba didnt get the barrel off to make it into a "huntin'" rifle as no doubt planned. Fortunately (I guess) it takes more than a basement, a Sears vice and pipe wrench to build a Japanese based deer rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clearing that assembly number up..I had no clue. I wonder what bubba had in mind for this rifle? I have seen so many of them cut down and butchered..chopped wood..shortenes barrel etc.

·
Registered
264 Posts
He was asking $200....i know it is miss matched.
$200... It's in pretty rough shape, but I think that for that price I'd go for it if I had the cash. From your description, and the pictures, it sounds like it's in pretty good shape as far as T30s go, since most of them look like tomato stakes. That's completely my opinion though, and I would advise you to get a second from someone else.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
If you buy it I have a good T-30 barreled receiver looking for a home. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The assembly number of 443 is preceded by a Japanese character. Serial number 515473 has its assembly number of 731 preceded by the same character. See "The Early Arisakas" on page 44.

You got a steal on this rifle. It should clean up pretty well.

Frank

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know why one would want to remove this barrel..the condition of the bore is quite good. As I mentioned earlier..there is no pitting or rust under the woodline..external metal has patina. The numbers stamped in the handguard and stock channel are still sharp..though miss matched..and the wood is very sound.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,958 Posts
coneten, i'd have picked it up for that even if it was just for the parts. if it's still shootable, you got a bonus. who'd a thunk it? that's 2 type 30's walking into knob creek in 2 years. not bad for a machine gun shoot, huh? congrats! keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts