Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DC is un-numbered but not a repro. No tab on the inside. Very odd. Paid 2K, considering the condition I thought it was worth it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Nice rifle! These are hard to find or even see in collections.
Mine is a centerpiece of my collection. I tore down a barn [three days] to get my Type 2. Does any history come with it? There are also the joint-assembly numbers. I used to think they were the rack number.... but have since read no one but the Japanese paratroops knew what they were for.

Now you have to find the sling and bayonet!!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
NICE!

That is a beautiful rifle ! LOL Bayonet? Yeah, almost as much as the rifle! LOL I got a bayonet a number of years ago...Not a real one, one someone cut down and made into a parabayo...Then again, it didn't cost as much either! :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,303 Posts
Nice rifle! These are hard to find or even see in collections.
Mine is a centerpiece of my collection. I tore down a barn [three days] to get my Type 2. Does any history come with it? There are also the joint-assembly numbers. I used to think they were the rack number.... but have since read no one but the Japanese paratroops knew what they were for.
These are not hard to find - just expensive. I can't recall when there hasn't been one or more on the auction sites at any given time.
The "joint assembly numbers" were just that. You should read better books concerning these rifles ;)

Nice rifle Ike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.