Type 14 trigger guard removal problem
Printed from: Gunboards
Topic URL: http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121785
Printed on: 09/20/2007

Topic:

Topic author: GJRoberts
Subject: Type 14 trigger guard removal problem
Posted on: 08/27/2005 7:27:32 PM
Help me! Help me! My blood pressure is climbing through the roof.

Following directions for removal of the trigger guard of my Type 14 gets me nowhere. It won't budge. I used Kroil just in case there was a little rust, but that didn't help. The pistol looks like it is in 95% condition, but it just won't come out. When I pull the slide back to cock, and pull the trigger, I get nothing. I suspect it may have a broken/missing spring on the inside. (Possibly related to my problem?)

It's a 19.2 pistol with a large guard.

An internet search for troubleshooting came up empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies:

Reply author: BIG ED
Replied on: 08/27/2005 7:36:31 PM
You must further disassemble the pistol. Try this

1 remove left grip and magazine

2 unscrew cocking knob

3 remove firing pin and extension and spring

4 push against barrel until slide backs up about 3/16"
at the same time push magazine release in and hold it while pushing down on triggerguard it should now slide down. I hope this helps after this you can access locking block and bolt assembly and recoil springs

Reply author: GJRoberts
Replied on: 08/27/2005 7:44:21 PM
Firing pin and extension came out, no spring visable.

Replied on: 08/27/2005 7:53:51 PM
Triggerguard still won't budge. I see a small spring inside the triggerguard that looks stretched out a little bit. The spring is about the same diameter as a ball point pen spring.

Reply author: BIG ED
Replied on: 08/27/2005 8:32:35 PM
did you follow all the steps I outlined.You MUST REMOVE THE LEFT GRIP and depress the magazine relase fully to the right.

Replied on: 08/27/2005 8:41:32 PM
Yes I did just like you and other web instructions said.

That spring I mentioned doesn't appear to belong there from what I can see in exploded diagrams. It has a very small flat plunger in the end. I wonder if this spring is jammed in the slot, preventing removal.

Reply author: jim royston
Replied on: 08/27/2005 10:01:51 PM
These are hand fitted to its individual frame and can be pretty tight. I tried, without success, to slide a STG group onto the frame of my LTG pistol and it was no go. I had to use a piece of dowel through the guard opening to get enough pulling power to get it off.

Replied on: 08/28/2005 12:28:06 AM
Finally got it. Just the smallest bit of rust and dried grease in the dovetail, not even on the surface. A little Kroil, time, a dowel, and a couple really good whacks with a small rubber mallet did the trick.

The bad news is it looks like I need a new Magazine safety spring and firing pin spring. The good news is that all serial numbers match, and it looks like a 98% finish pistol. I'll post more info about this pistol in another topic.

Thanks for the tips.

Reply author: Francis C. Allan
Replied on: 08/28/2005 12:58:29 PM

Contact Wolff Spring company. They have a website. Sorry that I do not have the address handy. A complete set of new springs is cheap and they should certainly be switched out if you intend to shoot the pistol.

Enjoy.

Frank

Reply author: strangms
Replied on: 08/28/2005 2:19:54 PM
Here is the web site and the link to the Nambu springs.

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/NambuNF.html

strangms

Replied on: 08/28/2005 3:28:36 PM

I love you guys!

Reply author: Fushigi Ojisan
Replied on: 08/28/2005 8:45:19 PM
Wolff has a "service pack" for the Type 14 that includes all the springs you need. Since its apart you may as well replace all of them! I did all of mine but the magazine safety and it made quite a bit of differene.

Replied on: 08/28/2005 9:05:35 PM
Complete service pack type 2 is on the way. WOO HOO!

Please see my other post. I need to find out how the mag safety spring is installed.

Gunboards : http://old.gunboards.com/
© 2000-2006 Gunboards

1 - 1 of 1 Posts