Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new spring kit from Wolff Springs but I can't figure out how to change out the trigger and sear springs. I went to Suplusrifle.com and my pistol doesn't look like the one they show. On thier site you can clearly see a pin that goes through the side of the trigger guard which you knock out and the trigger comes out. On my pistol (dated 18.9) the place on the trigger guard where you expect to find the cross pin is smooth. Even under a strong light with a magnifing glass I don't see anything except smooth metal. Did the Japanese have differnt ways of keeping the triggers in? Looking from the top I can see the pin but it doesn't look like it goes all the way through the trigger guard. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
During the 18.2/18.3 period Toriimatsu changed the finishing of the trigger guard by making the trigger pin flush with the guard housing. The only way I can see of changing out the spring is to pull out the old one from the bottom and and try pushing in the new spring. I have never had cause to change out the trigger spring so I have to ask, does yours really need to be changed. The sear bar spring is easy to get at once you remove the sear bar, getting the sear bar retainer pin back in can be a pain but you shouldn't have any problems with it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,655 Posts
Unless the trigger spring is broke, don't fix it. Just cause it is in the kit, doesn't mean you have to use it.

·
Silver Bullet member
495 Posts
I just replaced most of the springs on my 18.7 dated T-14 using a Wolff kit. I left the existing trigger spring alone as I figured it would be more of a pain to do it and I'd probably end up damaging the pins.

·
Silver Bullet member
72 Posts
Even when you can see the head on the trigger pin, it is a son of a gun to get out without damaging it. The early ones actually had a head on both ends, later ones were flush. As others have said, unless trigger spring is broken, leave it alone!!

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts