Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, just had a look at a T14 being sold through a local shop for one of their customers. I actually did run into the owner. He didn't know a lot about Nambus, but know enough to disassemble it. I don't know a hell of a lot either, but what I found was:

Trigger guard, trigger, both grip panels, barrel, bolt, cocking knob, locking block all match last 3 digits of SN. That's all I was able to get a look at and I don't know what other parts should be numbered. The magazine seems correct - blued, and a Nagoya Toriimatsu marked, but last digits were 735, not 019, so that's mismatched.

Overall in good condition - no rust really or pitting, mostly minor scratches. Bore looks a bit dirty, maybe some minor rust or pitting - but my feeling is that it would clean up nicely - still a lot of rifling in there, and generally seemed smooth. Good grips, one light scar top of right grip, and left grip has a groove from "overuse" of the safety lever, but otherwise nice (especially on the interior!). Seemed to be well cared for, mechanically nicely oiled, bore was dry. Holster seems pretty nice too, leather - no cracks, looks like maybe a few stitches missing in the "triangle" area.

I think the owner is interested in parting with it ASAP - he's not a Japanese gun collector, didn't have much idea on what they area worth but sounds like he knows good condition holsters are worth some $$$. He was sounding like the $1500-$2000 range...I don't know what these are worth either, but it sounded high. I told him the mismatched mag. would be a ding against him, but maybe the holster would make up for it (?).

I have nothing to do with this, just doing it because the "middle-man" at the safe shop called me to see if I was interested in it, and he's always treated me very well, this is more of a favor than anything else, cuz I can't afford it! :eek: At any rate, have a look at pics., (sorry, I'm not the greatest photographer..) if interested, lemme know (PM), and pass along your contact info, I will in turn give it to the owner to contact you. Make him an offer.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
A rig like this one is about $650 tops, nothing special there; 150 holster and 500 pistol, or there abouts, JMHO.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Have to concur with 03man in that $650 is tops and that even might be bit high. Standard issue pistol and a nice holster. If he wants to sit on it than $650 but if he wants to move it more like $550.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WoW! Well, I had no clue what they are worth. Thanks for the pricing info. I will contact him tomorrow and let him know about the feedback and see if he can revise his pricing (or perception of value....). If the magazine were matched, how many $$$ might that add to the overall value??

·
Diamond Member
436 Posts
Dieter,
I just bought a Type 14, 18.7, same condition, with all rubberized canvas holster (JMCH Type IX or JMCH Type X) containing the cleaning rod and spare firing pin for $500.
The vendor maintains a national, non-auction site, so this seems a fair retail price.
Q

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just talked to the owner and relayed the info from here to him. Admittedly, he knows nothing about them. He said he saw a holster alone sell for $600.00, but I suggested perhaps it was a Baby, Papa, or Grandpa holster? I'm clueless too. At any rate, he's willing to drop that price into the range you guys have suggested. :) It sounds like he is more interested in selling it than trying to make super-dollars off of it, like some of those bayonet sellers on Gunbroker.....(good Lord, that place is like a broken record on those things! But I digress, mini-rant ended.... :p ). If anybody is interested in this thing for the adjusted price, lemme know and I'll forward your contact info to him to contact you.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
like some of those bayonet sellers on Gunbroker.....(good Lord, that place is like a broken record on those things! But I digress, mini-rant ended.... :p ). If anybody is interested in this thing for the adjusted price, lemme know and I'll forward your contact info to him to contact you.
That's for sure when it comes to Japanese bayonets. The same blades are up there month after month. Gunbroker does have some great bayonet buys from time to time.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,156 Posts
Dieter, could you tell the owner I'll buy the rig for $500. If he's ok with that, send me an e-mail with his contact info. Best regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts