Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as you can tell I am new to the forums :) In the past few months I have become extremely interested in japanese firearms (buying a t-99 soon) but one that always stood out was the type 100. Since it is an incredibly rare gun there are not many pictures of it on the internet besides black and white pictures. Does anyone on this forum own one? I saw "GUNHEEP"s pictures and I must say those are some nice looking guns :D If anyone has anymore pictures of the t-100 it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
In the book 'Pearl Harbor And The War In The Pacific' published by salamander books Ltd there are some great two page color pictures of the type 100s from the U.S.Army Ordnance Museum.There is a really cool picture of one with a folding stock as well as other cool Japanese rifles, prototypes,swords,MGs, uniforms etc.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
In the book 'Pearl Harbor And The War In The Pacific' published by salamander books Ltd there are some great two page color pictures of the type 100s from the U.S.Army Ordnance Museum.There is a really cool picture of one with a folding stock as well as other cool Japanese rifles, prototypes,swords,MGs, uniforms etc.
Great Book Steve!:) Probably one of the most unknown, and understated books I've ever seen. Stumbled up on a copy a couple years ago. Since then, I've made sure everyone around me that collects has a copy. And try to keep an extra around, for sale. M.P.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Why not post the pictures here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
he sent me a .zip file that I had asked him for a while ago, If it is ok with CW I'll post them here :)

In the mean time here are some I have found on various forums and websites (may take a while to load)

the t-100/40's in the pictures are models except for one, the t-100/44 (obviously) are real.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Nice group of photos, thanks.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hmmm ,Must be some weird dejavu ,a couple of those pictures seems eeriely familiar,like Ive saw that place before..weird ;) . Ammo is available for them and currently Id expect a person to pay upwards from $10,000 for one,probably considerably upwards,as they were bringing $8000-10,000 the last time I saw one change hands between collectors a couple years back.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Almost 20K!! ?? Yiikes! If I wasn't in Commiefornia, I would have had a nice one about 5 years ago for $2750

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
T-100 SMG Sling...

Hi Rob,

Yes, 100% original...

We had discussed this topic some time ago in jusmct's post titled "sling"...

I obtained this sling from a source in Japan a few years ago and I truly think it is the first true Japanese SMG sling to surface...

Cheers, Rick

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Hi Rob,

Yes, 100% original...

We had discussed this topic some time ago in jusmct's post titled "sling"...

I obtained this sling from a source in Japan a few years ago and I truly think it is the first true Japanese SMG sling to surface...

Cheers, Rick
Howdy Rick,
I re-remember that now.
I have to disagree about it being the first true SMG sling to surface. Slings that I've seen on the SMGs & one, I know, that is a vet bring back have the herring bone strap with heavier snap clips than what is used on yours. Yours appears to have the same gauge clips as the sling for the LMG ammo pouch.
Still a cool & unusual sling!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
There's video available from the History Channel (Tales of the Gun, I think) that show the firing of a number of Japanese weapons, including the T-100. Of course they rag on them - "the dust cover is tricky" :rolleyes:

Back to the SMG sling. In these photos the top one is a LMG mag pouch sling dated Showa 16 & Nagoya marked. The lower one is off an Okinawa bringback T-100. It's the same as the few others of these I've seen. Note that it has the beefier snap clips with a wider "loop" (they look to be the same as those used on the LMG slings) and, oddly enough, the strap itself is apx. 1/8" narrower than the mag pouch sling.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.