Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I need some fast lessons on what to look for, cause I can get it for less than that.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
I think I have seen that one on auction or else where??? Can't remember.

Would need a picture, in focus, of the other side and with the stock open. Of the inside front and back where the joint is to say if "ok" or not.

And the series and serial number for comparison to known T1s.

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,236 Posts
At this point it looks pretty good, but we do need the better photos and serial data. It appears the screw on the wingnut stud has been replaced and the leaf spring under the latch arm is gone. But the paint appearance is correct, and the local stock repair looks right also.

·
Silver Bullet member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am working on better photos, serial data and the guys history with the rifle. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Basically it looks AOK, but as others have pointed out, better photos are needed to confirm this determination.

On this general subject, potential buyers must be aware that counterfeits of the Folding Stock Carbines (Test Type 1 Rifles) exist and continue to be fabricated. I have serial numbers on five that have been judged fakes. There is even one now up for auction stating it is original - it is not. This is posted on a major auction site which I thought had a good reputation. BUYERS BEWARE! These counterfeits range in quality from extremely poor to pretty good. I am also aware that "conversion kits" to fabricate the fakes are even offered by one of the counterfeiters!

To help counter these criminals, I am continuing to urge collectors to forward to me the serial numbers of carbines in the 4th and 5th Series. With any luck I can keep tabs on the carbines as issued and catch any later alterations to them into FSCs. If any of our readers has a carbine from these series that has not been sent in please do so. Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts