Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
oh thats too cool. Nice to see a different display, really shows action instead of the usual "on a cement slab" ;)

Ed

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yes, that's a very nice display that few venture to see! I visited the site earlier this year. Did you see the Japanese 150mm field gun at the Vet's Museum in San Luis Obispo? Another well-preserved gun. Thanks for posting the pictures.

-Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I didn't know about that museum. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area. I was at Camp SLO last week for some firearms training and I should be returning in the spring. Camp SLO is a great base. Can't beat the location and it's run by top notch people.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I will be going to a Pacific Reenactment there in June. That Japanese reenactment unit from Japan that does all the stuff for the history channel is going to be there. That's a cool display, I've never been there, but some of my friends have pictured of themselves posing with it as part of the still life.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Arisaka Dogs took some photos of this and the Japanese T95 tank as well. They >might< still be on this board... not sure.

Sonoda_Otaku - Tell me more about the re-enactment group that's coming. I might be willing to drive down for that!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I remember the type 95 light from when I was there in 1970. It was in good shape back then, there were a bunch of old tanks on the firing ranges. Most were hard to identify they were shot up so much. Remember seeing some Shermans .

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
It was actually a T-97 Te-Ke tankette. Just a bit west of the display shown above.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
The display kind of depicts what Tarawa would be like....needs some Alligators, too....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts