Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Today marks two years that I have owned my Ishy no1 mk3* and since I haven't talked about it for quite some time here it is for all to see. It mostly matches aside from an unnumbered but factory marked bolt and is filled with stampings and dings. Most of the original bluing is still intact on this rifle too which was a big plus for me getting it. It also has this weird number on the sling that after two years of researching it I still can't quite figure out what it is (the general consensus with my collector friends is that it is some kind of rack number or storage number). I plan on going to shoot it tomorrow after work to see how she fares since I haven't really shot this one in quite some time.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks Thunderbox for the info.I had a feeling it was unique in itself. I think this is the original sling to this rifle since it has not only the same wear as the rifle itself but the brass parts have oxidized onto pieces of the wood and that oxidation has been there a while. It was imported at some point in it's life but to have lasted this long under the Indian army and still have a lot of bluing left is amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.