Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my parts bin and found two Mauser bolts that I thought were unusual. Can you help me to figure out what they are?

The both look like k98 Bolts but one (left) has an oddly curved handle. It is almost a right angle wheras the other (right) looks like a standard k98 bent bolt. However it is not a standard bolt. The oddly curved one fits in all of my k98s whereas the more normal looking one is too short. It is about 0.2" or 5mm shorter than the other one. What have is got here. Neither one is normal.

·
Administrator
9,628 Posts
Bolts?

The one with the 90 degree turn is an Export Mauser ( probably Brazilian ) and the 45 degree turn is an "FN" type Bolt ( tear shaped Bolt Knob), probably a FN24 or a Yugoslav M24 or later Bolt ( intermediate length Boit)

Look at the serial numbers on bolt handle root, and photo or describe them. That will give more of an indication as to origin.

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

·
Copper Bullet member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the short bolt
There is a star on the extractor collar
Serial number 4078 on outside of bolt handle root.
On the cocking piece There is an unrecognizable character. Perhaps it is Hebrew. Adifferent character is on the safety and still another one on the inside of the bolt handle root.
The safety and shroud are numbered 78. the shroud has another character in front of the 78

1 - 4 of 4 Posts