Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local auction had a lot with the description "PU scope mounts with one scope", something most would pass upon. I did check it, the pictures however only showed both sides. I requested additional pictures and got pictures showing everything else but the backside where the SVT mount should bear the rifle numbers. Well, with a second request I then got the pictures, saw rifle numbers and asked Alex for confirmation, which he gratefully did. Needless to say I went "all in". Someone else seemed to want the lot as well, but still it went at a rather decent price, hence I'm now the proud owner of two additional SVT40 scope mounts to my collection! Attached are pictures of the two new mounts. Seems I'm not lucky on finding 1942 mounts since all of my seven mounts are of 1941 production. But there are worse things than that, and one day a 1942 mount will come up!

svt1_01.jpg
svt1_02.jpg
svt1_03.jpg
svt1_04.jpg
svt2_01.jpg
svt2_02.jpg
svt2_03.jpg
svt2_04.jpg

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Fun Fact" I forgot to mention: I once owned a SVT40 which was serial #889, so matching to one of these mounts. Unfortunately it wasn't a sniper rifle, as well it being in a different letter prefix series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts