Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went to a backwoods honey hole and there are a pile of old rifles. First mosin I picked up was a really beat M38 that was all rusted up. Then I saw something amazing. ASV 36 with no mag under some other junk rifles. I quickly pick it up, and see the price is $495! HA! I went to the owner to inquire about the mag, and he said it is upstairs and went to go get it. While I'm waiting, I spot the 91/30. Trials rifle that is, and all numbers matched. Finally, and at $250. Now reality sets in and I'm wondering how I'm going to do the forms and pay. Then my three year old kicks me awake and I'm 3000 miles away in glorious Bahrain in bed with a sick kid and realize that I just it was too good to be true. I kept trying to get back asleep to find more great rifles, but the store is gone and I'm stuck here without any rifles. It has been almost a year here and the withdrawals have hit hard watching others find great rifles. No substitute for the rush of a great find at a great price.

I did get to hold an Ohio Ord Works HCAR BAR two weeks ago at a show in Jordan, but no range time...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
239 Posts
I dream about great gun finds all the time. I dreamt I found a Bohler Stahl M91/24 at an antique store. It was $100 and I went into ecstatic mode. Of course my wife was in the dream looking at me like I was nuts as I sit and try to explain what I am looking at. Then after I picked it up I accidentally dropped it and it fired in the store. Everyone looked at me grumpily and I went to go pay. Sadly I woke up empty handed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I hate having dreams like that, only mine usually involve '60s-'70s muscle cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.