Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago I was outside taking pictures of some books I planned to sell when I thought, "while you're at it, why not take pictures of some milsurps, too?" I only have a small collection (the influence of Kroh, once again,) but just for fun, here are two of my most beloved and cherished Mosins.

The first is my only M38, a 1940-dated Izhevsk. It's an all-matching example but what I like about it the best is that it's an early war piece, and a non-refurb as well. I like the non-refurbs the best.

Originally from the personal collection of Brother T, and the sling is from Skratch. I am crazy in love with this little carbine - it's a real treasure! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next is another carbine I am very passionate about. It's a 1953-dated Hungarian M44.

Originally from the personal collection of
ihatemacs by way of Davis, it's a very pretty, all-matching example with wood that reminds me of the type so often seen on Yugoslavian small arms. After reading the Osprey book on the Hungarian Revolution, I very much wanted a nice one to enjoy and thanks to ihatemacs and Davis, my dream is fulfilled.

I could stare at this little beauty all day long - she's a peach!
:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have to apologize for the picture quality, but I've never been trained in photography and am a rank amateur. Oh well, another class I need to take, right?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
10,382 Posts
Nice pictures.
Here's a few I took this morning.
This is a non-milsurp so sort of OT. I posted about it on the Swiss forum. Swiss target rifle in 7.5 Swiss on a Martini action by what is today Wischer Waffen. I contacted them and was told they made about 20 of these in 1924. Took a bit of a chance on it as it's very hard to put a value on. I haven't shot it yet. It's hard to get a good pic of the whole thing. Guess I need some classes too.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Nice guns Dr. Fever, I like em both!

"I must admit I'm still trying to figure out how Petrov's Swiss rifle figured into this post, though..."

LOL....You took pic's, he took pic's......LOL....That as close to figuring it out as I can get...Chuckle...

Pahtu.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,549 Posts
I'm glad that Hungarian found it's way to you, it's the nicest one I have ever run into. I had a Polish and Romanian that were equally as nice. Too bad they couldn't all stay together when I let go of them. Great news is that those leaving made room for more Finnish rifles. Oooh, the crack-like addiction.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
10,382 Posts
Hahahaha I was just trying to figure that out myself.
Well it doesn't except for the general comment about the difficulty of taking good pictures.

Really just trying to coax some information out of the boards on a hard-to-value piece that doesn't quite merit it's own thread based on what it is and this board gets more attention than the rest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter; the more the merrier, right? :)

Well it doesn't except for the general comment about the difficulty of taking good pictures.

Really just trying to coax some information out of the boards on a hard-to-value piece that doesn't quite merit it's own thread based on what it is and this board gets more attention than the rest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, you clearly don't. But the more doofus-inclined among us (meaning me,) could sure use some serious help.

The M.91 is classic beauty, BTW...

·
Gold Bullet member
11,733 Posts
When the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad...

I simply remember my favorite Mosins,
and then I don't feeeeeeel... so bad!

Nice rifles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.