Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased two ex-sniper rifles today at the Dayton, Ohio Gun Show. I need to stop this!!! A 1938 Tula ex-PE in a pre-war stock and stamped matching with double stamped mag floorplate. Excellent bore and great overall condition.
Also a 1944 Tula ex-PU in a wartime stock with a great bore and overall condition as well. All stamped matching.

I hope to be able to obtain a couple of PE side mounts at some point to restore the 1938 and a 1942 PE Izhevsk I purchased earlier this month at Dunhams. I have the materials for the PU on hand if the sopacing checks out on the base screw locations.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Congratulations on some nice finds!

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Nice find on the 38 Tula in a pre-war stock. My 38 Tula happens to be in a post war. Were there many millitary rifles there? I was going to drive down today but other things came up.
Nice looking 44 also.

Regards
Art

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find on the 38 Tula in a pre-war stock. My 38 Tula happens to be in a post war. Were there many millitary rifles there? I was going to drive down today but other things came up.
Nice looking 44 also.

Regards
Art
Thanks for the comment. The Dayton Show is quite good. Plenty of milsurp stuff there IMHO. It runs every month. I have had good luck at that show with some pretty nice Mosin Nagant finds and some SKS rifles and in the past there was ammo for good prices. The ammo there, as elsewhere is going on the high side right now though. It may be worth the trip for you. It is about 65 miles one way for me. If you need anything from AIM Surplus you could hit the show and AIM as well on the same trip.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Blue did R Guns know they were Ex snipers?

I get their flyer in the mail all the time with them listing Mosins. In their last they had K98's listed too.
No they dont, if they knew, they would charge more (maybe they do and dont care?). They only grade the Mosins according to octagon or round receivers. I looked at several RC rifles, all were peened that I saw.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blue did R Guns know they were Ex snipers?

I get their flyer in the mail all the time with them listing Mosins. In their last they had K98's listed too.

I don't really know about the R Gun issue. I bought them from a vendor at the Dayton Show and not direct from R Guns. The vendor knew they were ex-snipers but not about the PE vs a PU. I paid $280 for the pair so I certainly didnt get any great deal but the two Tula rifles "spoke to me" so I bought them. By contrast I got my last 1942 PE rifle at Dunhams on their $79.95 Mosin Nagant 91/30 special. Sometimes you get them and sometimes they get you. I am happy with the purchase though.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,084 Posts
That '38 looks to be not a PE but a PEM with the side rail scope mount. Does your stock have screwed in sling slots and a stepped tang?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you have the best of both worlds. Both are going to make great snipers. Felscher is going to have some side mount PEM complete setups which include mount/base/scope coming in soon so you can complete the 38' . There are more than enough PU scope/base/mount setups around to complete the 44'.

Mike

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That '38 looks to be not a PE but a PEM with the side rail scope mount. Does your stock have screwed in sling slots and a stepped tang?
You are correct it is the PEM. I'm still catching on to these PE(M) rifles. The stock has the screwed in sling slots and stepped tang as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts