Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Added a couple new items to the collection in the last couple weeks, with yet another on the way - that one will remain a mystery until it arrives. ;)

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

The '43 Tikka came from a fellow collector. Turns out it was the last Finnish rifle in his collection. I'll do my best to give it a good home.

I found the front sight to be interesting. It has a single blade that appears to have originally been from a stacked sight setup, however at some point someone removed the stacking piece and used a piece of what appears to be copper or brass under the sight to hold it in the dovetail. It appears to have been there for quite a while and is quite solid so I'll probably just leave it be for now. For those wondering, the receiver is a '38 Tula. I think my favorite part about this one is the stock. ;)

Here is the '43 M/30.

And on to the 1940 M/27. This one came from another forum, was priced well below what I expected to see for a '40 dated example, so I took the plunge. Well, what a plunge it was. Initially I was pretty excited, then I got home and started taking the rifle apart to make sure there weren't any rust issues under the woodline. Well, come to find out that some idiot in the past tried to repair the handguard with a WHOLE bottle of some kind of adhesive. It took me almost two hours to get the rifle apart, safely remove the handguard which was glued to the barrel, and remove the adhesive from the barrel and barrel channel of the stock (I'm amazed I didn't break the handguard in half). Thankfully, whatever it was dried like a soft rubber and it rubbed off with my finger and with a plastic toothpick - amazingly none of the finish was affected. It took another two hours to remove all the adhesive from the inside of the handguard and the crack itself. Then about another hour or so to repair it correctly, which is what you see now. You can see its cracked, but its stable, strong and looks 1000% better than it did when I got it.

It would seem that even with the low price on this one, I ended up still paying for it, lol.

Here is the '40 M/27.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow. I really like the character that M30 has. It looks way different than both of mine. In that mime look like that were re blued after the Finns assembled them and the finish looks kinda brownish. Yours the barrel matches the reciever perfectly and Idk man it just looks so clean and original. Congrats bro I really like em. The M27 is awesome as well.
IMO you have an exceptional example of a 43 round reciever Tikka M30. A keeper for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gents! :)

·
Gold Bullet member
3,084 Posts
Great rifles; the 1940 M27 looks very similar to mine. When the one I bought arrived the rear band and screw were stripped. It took several years but I finally got a good screw and band on it. Feels good to have it complete finally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.