Gunboards Forums banner

two more swedish 98 mausers(640,s) in 8mm picked up

839 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DK PHILLIPS In Memoriam 
I bought this 640 pretty cheap a few years ago from Simpsons. 8mm. 132XXX serial number, a plain Jane but it shoots close to m.o.a. Funny my K98ks seem to kick much harder.
Couch Table Property Picture frame Furniture

Reactions: Frosty
Congrats! Handsome! Presuming not D&T for top scope mount. Seems the meteric chamberings mostly intended for Europe and D&T later than Stateside customers. Is the side mount a "QD" style? Other than scoping, looks stock & excellent! In the FN 640 series, most of the imports for decades the American market version mostly '06 & 270. Sort ofstuck on those chamberings in US & not understanding why! More recent years, the 8mm chamberings arriving in numbers. Perhaps having to do with (rumored if true) Sweden regulating sporting rifles. I do know that for most of the decades I was haunting the gun shops/shows from seventies thru nineties... 8mm was a Husqvarna chambering rarity here! I now have the solid side wall 96 genre, 640 & 1640 in 8mm. All of my 8x57 genre acquired early this Millennium! Believe they were possibly 'trickle down' from Simpson in Canada.
Thanks for the eye candy! :)
Best!
John
Not D&T. The cheap Bushnell Banner was relpaced with a much better a 2.5X Burris.

Bookcase Wood Shelf Publication Air gun

Reactions: timmct
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.