Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember I picked up a Kokura Type 99 sniper (top) a few months ago, well thanks to Doss I now own a Type 99 2.5 Scope & Case! Thought I would share a few pictures. I got out my Nagoya Type 99 Cutback Sniper (Bottom) to look at the diferences in the base. Of course the Kokura base is smaller the same size as the earlier Type 97 Base, The cutback is the larger 4x base that has the smaller dovetail cut for the smaller 2.5x mount and "Cutback" at the rear to allow the smaller mount to lock into the base spring lock. Seems like I remember being told this was done to use up some 2.5x scopes, even though Nagoya had begun mounting the larger 4x scopes. If I got any of this wrong - sorry - feel free to correct. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I will post over on the Japanese board also - Skid

·
Gold Bullet member
13,581 Posts
They look great Skid. Thanks for showing them. They are really nice snipers.

I was hoping to see Doss and Don at the cook out today. I stopped at a small show and it was so good I spend my megar funds and too much time causing me to miss the collector show and Banzi cook out. Doss had another Kokura Type 99 sniper at the show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts