Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a second 4x Scope Case a few weeks ago, totally different from the one I have had for years! I checked out "Team Arisaka's" Japanese Sniper Rifle Book dated 2002, and only found line drawings. (By the way Doss - is there a later edition?) Anyway, thought you guys would like to look at some color pictures to see the differences. Make a nice pair for display. Enjoy - Skid PS: Had to wait til after Christmas as wife put away as present. Beats Socks and Ties!!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,251 Posts
Beautiful examples. Does the case on the right have a date mark in the lid? The one on the left is dated Showa 18 (1943) and judging by how they are constructed I'd suspect it was made later than the one on the right. Very nice!

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
At one time I had three 4 power cases & four 2.5 cases. All were different. I feel it was just manufacturing variants.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
Nice pictures, though I wouldn't call them totally different. I think Jareth is correct, mfg. by different producers, there is probably another variant with phillips screws.

There is no later sniper book; no one has stepped up to the effort to put another edition together. :(

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, No, no markings on the second one. I would agree, different manufacturer or one manufactured later than the other, etc. Just thought it was neat to luck out to have two different examples. "Showa 18 (1943)" good to know, thanks. Skid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts