Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the twist rate on these are..1/7 or 1/9?...saw a guy at the range with one and he was shooting 55 gr ammo..told me he couldnt get it sighted in...i asked if he minded me putting a few of my handloads thru it and he said no problem..i set the sights back to mechanical zero and shot some 62 grn thru it and it was right on the money..reason im asking is that for the life of me i couldnt find any marking on his barrel at all,,none...

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
it's been said many of the barrels were new, unmarked, green mountain..... 1-9 sounds right to me. these are really nice barrels. a friend of mine has one, no way to prove who made the barrel, but it's a tack driver.

·
Registered
43 Posts
All the ones I've seen advertised were 1:9. Anything other would be marked such. I'm surprised he let you shoot your reloads through it. That's typically a bad idea.
A bad idea to shoot reloads through an AR15.................Why?

John

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joebud....your right..id think twice myself about letting someone i didnt know try this with one of my weapons to be perfectly honest..but he did approach me and ask for help,perhaps it was because he had seen me go thru about 200 rds allready...and i did tell him they were reloads...but anyway he was useing pmc ammo...standard 55 grain fodder..said he could not get the thing zeroed in at all....i set it ti mech zero and was hitting point of aim from the word go with those 62 grain reloads....this is what made me ask the question about rate of twist to begin with.i myself have an ar with a 1/9 that hates the heavy projectiles but is a tack driver with 55 grn stuff.i know each rifle is different,but that thing shot so well i thought maybe..just maybe it was a 1/7

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just got one and the barrel is unmarked. That being said I've shot 55, 62 and 75 grain bullets thru it and all of them worked fine at 100 yds, aprox. the same point of impact. Once I got it sighted in it held the 10 ring on the reduced target.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.