Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been debating ordering up an M1D from the CMP for some time now. Knowing the cost with all the accessories is one hurdle, the fact that the M1D isn't really war era for WWII or Korea is another and the fact that a couple of M1D owners have told me how awkward the gun is to shoot is the last. If the CMP sells out though, I know I'll kick myself forever.

Just got to get around to it one of these days!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The M1D did see very limited service in Korea. It's also fairly comfortable to shoot left-handed.

You definately need a thick leather pad if right handed, and the pad needs to be perfectly adjusted.

I wouldn't wait too long for a D because they are starting to look pretty picked over at the North Store. CMP will keep some nice ones available until the very end, but it will get more and more difficult finding a "keeper". Furthermore, original accessories have doubled in price and will most likely escalate as the remaining D's are sold.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.