Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
I own a trading company specializing in new and military surplus firearms, ammunition and equipment.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Do any of you own Turkish made shotguns?
The market seems to be filled with them in all kinds of models such as tactical, classic single barrel, semi-auto magazine fed and others. I would like to know your thoughts about these and do you think there is room for a new manufacturer in the US and Canadian market?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I have? 3 ..no 4. 3 are standard over under's, one I have had for... oh.. 23 years.. I has done very very well on clay pigeons, and is still tight. The other 2 ou's just get light use.. but look great. The 4th is a shorty ( legal ) that came with a shoulder stock and pistol grip.. it's an OU too.. and a hoot to shoot.

No problems with them at all.. and the price was right. Bought all 4 new. All are wood furniture.. none of that tacti-cool black stuff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most all modern Turk shotguns are copies of Italian designs. The Tristar shot gun line are some of the best. I believe they are licensed by Italy's Fabarm. I have .410 and 28ga Tristar Vipers. Both are beautiful and function flawlessly. I also have a couple of very nice Turk handguns from EAA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a couple Turkish shotguns marketed by CZ. Both are two trigger doubles, with classic English stocks and extractors. They are good shooters and exceptionally well made for the money. If your hunting jacket came from TSC instead of Barbour you'll like it.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have one Winchester SXP shotgun made in Turkish, that's ah not bad, very economic shotgun. The biggest obstacle for new manufacturers in North America is the labor cost you know......

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a girsan mc312 and I've had no problems with it at all. Its a copy of the benelli I believe, with the inertial system in it (which is very smooth) and I've run 2 3/4" trap loads all the way up and including 3 1/2" shells, hunting snow geese in the winter with no issues.
Love the gun and the price was even better a few years back!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I think most of the Turkish, Huglu made guns will serve the average hunter well, but they don't seem to hold up as well to heavy use like better Italian or Japanese made guns. Of course at a fraction of the price, that shouldn't be a surprise.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Have a single shot 20, pump 12, semi short 12, abs Stevens 555 28 gauge o/u - I sincerely don’t know how they make such high quality firearms for such low cost. They’re all really good

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When you fine taxpayers sent me to Incirlik in 2002 for O.N.W., I brought home 4 Huglus.
A very ornate stackbarrel for dad (gift)
A very ornate gas-auto magnum for me.
A very plain 7-rnd magazine gas-boosted inertial "field gun" for hunting. Only way I can describe that action, a full Benelli-type Inerial bolt but with the Franchi type return spring system under the fore-end (instead of in the butstock) AND a short-throw gas piston system.
All 3 use "standard" Benelli Mobilchokes.
A Toros2000 Housebroom (7+1, inertial auto/pump (clone of M3 Convertible)) with plastic stock and over-top folding stock. 1 external Full choke tube.

The Toros2000m gets used for 3-gun, holds 19 rnds on it between chamber, magazine, stock rack, and side saddle.
I've shot the Stackbarrel a bit, just not really my style.
The Field Gun broke the extractor first round fired (crap hardening), replaced with a Benelli extractor, been good. Lots of skeet, chokes after about a half-box of my Blue Dot Pheasant Grenades, starts to not close fully into battery from the soot.
Haven't shot the Gas Gun yet. Just haven't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts