Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked it up and I have mixed feelings. The good would be the overall condition being nice, the bore being great and the wood being really nice. What I am worried about is the metal finish, I am afraid bubba may have gotten at it. Over top of the metal is the golden-ish type finish that I do not believe could be original. It seems have undergone some kind of reaction and it isn't as rugged as bluing. Anyhow, here are the pictures, if you see anything that doesn't look right, please comment.

·
Administrator
9,587 Posts
Looks, like some sort of Woodwax which has spread over the metal work...does no harm, and can be probably wiped off with alcohol or Paint thinner.

Nice example, anyway...Please enter serial ( ?2xxx?) into DocAV Serial Survey, Turkish Board, Parallax Curio and Relic (Yukos). We are looking for serials ABOVE 5,000...to ascertain if only 5,000 were made, or they went to 10,000???

Doc AV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.