Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I would imagine so.
As another point, the bench rim appears to be built to hold the rifles upright and stable as they feed the rounds.
Begs the question, though, did they function test every round they produced?
Or only lots that were deemed "problematical"?
If the former then I think they needed a lot of these stations.
They used a lot of this ammo and 100 years on there is still a lot floating around.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I would imagine so.
As another point, the bench rim appears to be built to hold the rifles upright and stable as they feed the rounds.
Begs the question, though, did they function test every round they produced?
Or only lots that were deemed "problematical"?
If the former then I think they needed a lot of these stations.
They used a lot of this ammo and 100 years on there is still a lot floating around.
and another great photo!!!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Having shot a fair amount of 1960s vintage Turkish' 7.9mm I hope they were being more careful in the 1920s. I ended up dumping a lot of it there were so many misfires and horrible accuracy.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I wonder if those rifles in that photo had shortened firing pins to prevent accidental discharges.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
:oops:I would assume so...........maybe.

Reactions: FGD135

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I wonder if those rifles in that photo had shortened firing pins to prevent accidental discharges.
Can't see in the photo, but they could just remove the firing pin, cocking piece and shroud assembly to make an AD unlikely. The action would still cycle rounds just fine. Those rifles could have ended up amongst all those NACO imports from Turkey back in the 1990's!

Font Wood Publication Paper product Paper

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Having shot a fair amount of 1960s vintage Turkish' 7.9mm I hope they were being more careful in the 1920s. I ended up dumping a lot of it there were so many misfires and horrible accuracy.
and it was UBER HOT AMMO! we found out that the surplus machine gun ammo. it came in 80 round grey bandoliers. at the onset it was cheep ammo, now it is expensive!. most of it was head stamped 1947.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts