Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
To the man who got me into collecting. You will always be remembered.. RIP DAD DECEMBER 7 2021.
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up off gunbroker! It was the talk in the most recent turk mauser thread. I couldint let it go! When I won it for what I had put on it, I couldint believe I won it for that price, and not more! Here she is all original non modfied 1893 Turkish mauser in the 7.65 caliber! The only problems is that the bolt release was stuck and frozen which I fixed! The rear sight ladder is missing, and it needs a extractor, and once I find them she will be complete! Her age is wearing, but for well over 100 years old and in the original caliber, you just don't find these often! So here she is!
Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Gun Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel
Revolver Metal
Metal
Rim
Metal
Antique tool
Hardware accessory
Wood Antique tool Metal
Metal Brass Cylinder Antique Copper
Cylinder Auto part Metal
Auto part Pipe Metal

·
Registered
To the man who got me into collecting. You will always be remembered.. RIP DAD DECEMBER 7 2021.
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Thanks Joe I am in love with it super cool! Thank you very much in deed a very nice rifle!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knightm16 Thank you man! I know my heart was racing the last couple of minutes when i had the winning bid, because i feared someone was coming with a higher price and swipe me out of the game!

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,945 Posts
Outstanding find!! Kind of like a four leaf clover in a football field size area filled with three leaf clover.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Brian and Geladen i goota give a big shoutout to my buddy mike or i would have never found it! But i did have one question does the sling look like a period correct turkish mauser sling?!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Congratulations on a great find! As noted, these are very difficult to find with original features.
I'm not sure of the slings origin, but I have to say it looks totally appropriate on the rifle! The Turks used quite a variety of slings over time, including some modified from other countries. You may have seen John Sheehan's WW1 Militaria and Arms forum here on Gunboards which has a sticky with many great photos of original Turk rifles for reference.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
The original slings were leather, supplied by Mauser. Long gone, rotted away, but anyone who does some careful searching of old photos and illustrations could probably duplicate them. Mostly they were replaced by hand made leather carry straps or more professionally made web carry straps.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations on a great find! As noted, these are very difficult to find with original features.
I'm not sure of the slings origin, but I have to say it looks totally appropriate on the rifle! The Turks used quite a variety of slings over time, including some modified from other countries. You may have seen John Sheehan's WW1 Militaria and Arms forum here on Gunboards which has a sticky with many great photos of original Turk rifles for reference.
Thanks stan I appreciate it, and I will have to ask John and see his turk mausers! Thank you Gage!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The original slings were leather, supplied by Mauser. Long gone, rotted away, but anyone who does some careful searching of old photos and illustrations could probably duplicate them. Mostly they were replaced by hand made leather carry straps or more professionally made web carry straps.
JJK I kinda figured because the sling looks nothing like it would come from the mauser factory so im under the impression that it is a original ww1 sling just instead made by the turks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Picked this up off gunbroker! It was the talk in the most recent turk mauser thread. I couldint let it go! When I won it for what I had put on it, I couldint believe I won it for that price, and not more! Here she is all original non modfied 1893 Turkish mauser in the 7.65 caliber! The only problems is that the bolt release was stuck and frozen which I fixed! The rear sight ladder is missing, and it needs a extractor, and once I find them she will be complete! Her age is wearing, but for well over 100 years old and in the original caliber, you just don't find these often! So here she is!
View attachment 2263738 View attachment 2263746
Hmmmm, I don't know. These markings look a lot like ones that were on an Egyptian Remington Rolling Block I once owned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.