Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to get the forum started.

Here are a few pics of one of my favourite swords. It is German made, and bears the trademark of a blacksmith (Sigfrid?) with his hammer.

The blade and scabbard have a thin layer of gold on them, this must be for a higher officer.

·
Diamond Member
5,609 Posts
Bayonetcolletor, great looking sword. I know very little about them...time period on this one? Denny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ottoman Made Officer Sword

I`v got the same Cadet freshman and or Officer Defilee sword ,pre and WWI era fighting swords are made either by German , French , Italian even American or Balkan local Ottoman black smiths, but this piece is not! and made by just before New Turkish republic era or nearly 1920-27.. after this date Costantinopolis always called at least by officials as Istanbul,
Contractors name is Turkish - Armenian name as Narlian < Narliyan> which is typicaly related Pomegranate such as German family title like<< von pommegranede>>

There are no Gold or plated parts in this type swords but it could be privately added , only pre WWI Field Marshal and Secratary of State blades partialy made by Gold or Gold plated parts.

regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
German Made WWI Turk Cavalry Pipeback Sword

Great looking!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The 'blacksmith with hammer' logo and the name SIEGFRIED were trademarks of Ernst Pack & Sons... nice sword.

·
Registered
20 Posts
WWI era German Officer swords mostly with Lions Head hilte-pommel , Turkish Infantry, artillery and cavalry swords decorated always Turkish code of arm symbol as crescent and star, therefore those pipeback type with Turk code of arms only issued to the Ottoman Turkish cavalry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pictures

WWI Turk Cavalry Equipment, 1935-1950 era Turkish officer uniforms and swords< Infantry-Signal-Cavalry -Navy* Cadet Dirk - Artillery- Gendarmerie Oficers>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts