Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a 1935 Ankara that I was disassembling the bolt to. I pushed the retaing pin in with some difficulty. I did not notic that the bolt was cocked. I got the cocking sleeve and the saftey off..but cannot get the bolt sleeve unscrewed, nor can i get the safety or the cocking sleeve back on because of how the firing pin is positioned inside the bolt body. Any ideas or help would be apprecieated. I tried penatrating oil, tried letting it soak in the hottest water I could get, I thought it might be dried cosmo..but now I'm stumped. Any help or ideas would be greatly aprecieated.

· Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
If you did what I think you did, you'll need to get a loop of string around the ribs on the back of the firing pin, pull it out, grab with visegrips, and either twist the pin or reassemble it. I forget what worked for me last time, just not to do it again.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vaarok

It finally hit me to try unscrewing it by the firing pin and I just got it apart (using your exact method except I took a pair of pliers, and wrapped a shop towel areound the rear of the pin, and pulled and turned. Now, I'll get it back together..many thanks to you.

I'm going to try to get it out to the range tomorrow. I'm sorry to say I've had the thing for two years and never put a round through it.

Again, I aprrecieate it a hell of a alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.