Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised no one has spoke up yet. Had a great time as always, but my dang legs are killing me. Wasn't much on Mosins, at least not like they normally are. Dean had a heck of a line up, as well as a couple of other fellas. Can't remember the members handle but he had a few items I've only read about, bayonet with wire cutter and a nice original early Dragoon.

Seen a fella carrying a MG42 around on his shoulder, was going to ask him about it but some dealer was tying up his attention.

Saw a lot of Garands, 1903s and M1 Carbines, I bet most of the carbines are CMP's, seen more of the carbines then I have at any show in the past.

Here is a pic of my haul, found a Finn'd 1929 Tula Dragoon, picked up a Glock 17 and 500 rounds of 30 carbine.
Product Gun Firearm White Trigger

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Saw a booth on the side that had crates of Mosins for 99 bucks with accessories. Covered in cosmoline and ready for a loving home. It was by the stairs and ramp on the north side. Looked like a platform they had setup to extend the topside. New to me.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,050 Posts
Surprised no one has spoke up yet. Had a great time as always, but my dang legs are killing me. Wasn't much on Mosins, at least not like they normally are. Dean had a heck of a line up, as well as a couple of other fellas. Can't remember the members handle but he had a few items I've only read about, bayonet with wire cutter and a nice original early Dragoon.

Seen a fella carrying a MG42 around on his shoulder, was going to ask him about it but some dealer was tying up his attention.

Saw a lot of Garands, 1903s and M1 Carbines, I bet most of the carbines are CMP's, seen more of the carbines then I have at any show in the past.

Here is a pic of my haul, found a Finn'd 1929 Tula Dragoon, picked up a Glock 17 and 500 rounds of 30 carbine.
View attachment 305414
It was a great show for us & we did enjoy watching the side action from a distance With Ted & Dennis.

When that pair got through there was nothing but dregs left. :)

·
Silver Bullet member
385 Posts
The Tulsa show is always a fun one to attend.You talk about Garands,I have never seen so many EVER.The thing is at $800 & up
it seems the dealers are just sitting on them.I don't know what happened to supply & demand but It's not me paying for there
booth.

Any way I did not buy one rifle.I was wanting a K31 & the one I was going to buy, as I was looking down the bore with my light
the dealer was talking to a guy next to me who had just bought it.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm God must have been telling me something.

I saw some deals on M44 & M38,s but I,m not in to buying & selling, so someone else most likely picked those up.If you have never been
to that show it's HUGE.I took the wife & it blew her away at how many guns they had.It was fun & I plan on going again next year,

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,868 Posts
I came home with another Empire Arms pen. This is my second as I scored a nice one at Louisville last month. This one is an Ormond Beach Fla. straight logo, 100% black ink, mint rubber finger piece. Fits the hand real well, and looks to be unissued. A rare collectors piece. And the price was right!

Nice Show. The MG 42 was semi-auto that could be had for 4 grand. Saw a few nice mod. 91's for under 2 hundred but passed as I already have what was for sale. Saw the St. Pete cavalry carbine for 3,000$ I passed on it as I shot my wad on the Empire Arms pen.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
I talked to the guy with the MG42, gave him some contact info for my reenactment group's CO, and he offered me the MG42 for the princely sum of $3500 (which I would've sprung on if I had the cash). I spent my cash on a stunning M28-30 and I'm extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was at the table with only 1 pen left, I was sure it was a collector item but Dennis and Ted were guarding it like hawks!!!

I came home with another Empire Arms pen. This is my second as I scored a nice one at Louisville last month. This one is an Ormond Beach Fla. straight logo, 100% black ink, mint rubber finger piece. Fits the hand real well, and looks to be unissued. A rare collectors piece. And the price was right!

Nice Show. The MG 42 was semi-auto that could be had for 4 grand. Saw a few nice mod. 91's for under 2 hundred but passed as I already have what was for sale. Saw the St. Pete cavalry carbine for 3,000$ I passed on it as I shot my wad on the Empire Arms pen.

·
Gold Bullet Member
506 Posts
This was my first time at the Tulsa show. The GF and I did both days, we were totaly worn out at the end of each. Very different from the shows in the Houston area, lots more six guns and lever actions, lots of antiques. Saw tons of Finns and Mosins, quite a few Enfields, bayonets were plentiful, and very few South American Mausers. Prices seemed to be high. I picked up a very nice Krag for a fair price, and a mismatched Broomhandle with 56 round of ammo and two strippr clips for $450. The seller said the bore was rough but it looks good with no pitting and well defined lands and grooves, not much finish but in overall good condition. Got two bandoleers of .303 on strippers for $15ea (not POF), a box of 8mm Nambu from Mr. Nambu, and a reloading kit. Oh yeah the GF picked up a couple of those stretch blouses and two of the pockets with the Velcro that go on the concealed T-shirts (she sews and will do the Velcro on the shirts herself).

It was a long drive from Houston but we'd definitely do it again. Next time I'll bring more money.

·
Registered
740 Posts

That is a tough, tough call. The MG 42 at 4 large is tempting, but a bit rich for my blood. I say if you got the pen, in the condition you describe, for less that the MG 42, you did well. Is the ink original?

·
Registered
257 Posts
To All,

I had a great time at the show.

I finally found an M95 Steyr Rifle that I have been looking for. It isn't the best but it is a good start and although I will keep looking for improvements I will be able to focus on my next "need."

I also picked up a bolt action 16Ga shotgun just for fun and killin' muskrats.

I had a nice dinner after the show on Saturday but was rather disappointed at the turnout, especially considering that a few folks said they would be there. The Western Sizzlin' had a nice buffet. The company was much better than the food.

I didn't think I would be driven to go back but after attending I think I will try for the fall show next year. If you haven't been there they have a tremendous selection of old military rifles along with everything else. Selection is really quite impressive.

I feel I should also put a plug in for the Tulsa StudioPlus hotel! It was 10 minutes away (corner of 31st and S Memorial Dr), could EASILY walk to an IHOP, McD's, Cracker Barrel and Pizza Hut. Weekend rate was only $45 a night. Room came with a full kitchen. I could not believe they had rooms left with that big of a convention in town???

It was very nice meeting Eric at Military Gun Supply along w/ Beefus and JLeiper. I missed DeanDallas. By the time I figured out exactly how the tables were arranged I had done the lower level and was too darned tired. Sorry Dean!:cry: Next year perhaps.

Regards,

Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.