Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I went to the gun show in Tulsa, OK this weekend & scored two mint/near mint DDR holsters for my DDR Makarov colletion! $10 each. The black mark on the right holster is some sort of waxy substance. I have been able to gently scape it off in a few places. I kept an eye out for Makarov's but was primarily looking for AK stuff. May explain why I didn't see a single one!

·
Copper Bullet Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'61, '64, '65

Hans, Fritz, & Karl...yeah I named them!

Big Thank You to Simpson-Suhl for educating me on DDR holsters & Makarovs!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
499 Posts
I met with Jarred52 again at his table and he gave to me a Khyber Pass/Afghanistan made pocket knife to go along with my Khyber Pass Makarov and the small Afgan rug he gave to me last year with the Makarov pattern sewn into it. The early bird not only gets the worm, he also managed to purchase two DDRs and one Commerical Bulgarian. The only other Makarovs that we both noticed was located sort of at the far north end. The seller stated that he was from Russia, and he did have five or so Russian Makarovs, all appeared to be in nice condition, however, the selling price was on the high side. Jarred52 did state that he had seen the seller's wares, (Makarovs), at more than one show and they did not appear to be selling. I suppose the best item I enjoy about the big Tulsa show is the collector's display. The Ruger Bearcat display was outstanding as was the WW1 French display. The Walther pocket pistol #9 was also neat.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,099 Posts
I met with Jarred52 again at his table and he gave to me a Khyber Pass/Afghanistan made pocket knife to go along with my Khyber Pass Makarov and the small Afgan rug he gave to me last year with the Makarov pattern sewn into it. The early bird not only gets the worm, he also managed to purchase two DDRs and one Commerical Bulgarian. The only other Makarovs that we both noticed was located sort of at the far north end. The seller stated that he was from Russia, and he did have five or so Russian Makarovs, all appeared to be in nice condition, however, the selling price was on the high side. Jarred52 did state that he had seen the seller's wares, (Makarovs), at more than one show and they did not appear to be selling. I suppose the best item I enjoy about the big Tulsa show is the collector's display. The Ruger Bearcat display was outstanding as was the WW1 French display. The Walther pocket pistol #9 was also neat.
It's always nice to see S-S at the Tulsa show; a real gentleman and knowledgable Makaholic! He brought his Kyber Pass Mak for me to play with. It is a truly interesting pistol with the most beautiful "orignal type" grips that I've seen on a Mak. I would love to have it in my collection. It's amazing that a 4,000 table show can have so few Maks when, only 3-4 years ago they were plentiful and inexpensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts