Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
10,483 Posts
Pet:

I didn’t know the circumstances and now I feel bad for asking. Sorry!

Hopefully you will be able to slowly but surely rebuild your collection. It may not be the same but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth trying.

I wish more women had your passionate interest in guns but I’m afraid you are a bit of a unicorn. Have you ever been able to interest any of your female friends in collecting? More and more women are becoming gun owners for defensive purposes and because shooting is enjoyable but I can’t say that I ever met one who could relate to my interest as a collector.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,471 Posts
Before someone hit buy now it was being relisted for couple of months at least.
Yeah the price seemed a bit too much for me for that particular rifle but then again the refurbs certainly aren't getting any cheaper.

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,263 Posts
This thread is making me want an SVT again. Man I loved those dang rifles when I had them. One of my favorites.
I thought I had opened a revived thread from 2015, and had to do a double-take. But it is. It is you, Erin!

Starting over gets easier with each day you are back in the game. It's good to see you posting again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Webfoot10
After further inspection with an magnifying glass and bright light there is still no import marks. I have not disassembled the rifle to look but have looked in the slots on the wood hand guards as well as the metal around the barrel with nothing visible.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats OP, I do agree with others and would not shoot it, cracking the stock would ruin your day :)

I have a similar 1941 Tula as well, posted pics on this thread about a year ago:

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1102151-Matching-non-import-41-Tula-SVT40

Mine came with a leather WWII sling like valmet72's also, but one side is pretty dried out and I dont keep it on the rifle.

I have talked to a few local collectors on this rifle, the metal seemed a little too nice compared to the stock. One older collector says he remembers a bunch of them coming in in the 1960s that were matching, had slings, but no mags or cleaning rods. I'm pretty convinced this was a light refurb, maybe had some issues and was armory repaired but never sent back out. The T or hammer mark above the SN and a large T above the serial number on the stock I havent seen on other rifles. I kind of gave up trying to find out, its a nice rifle and I'm glad to see some others on here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You have a one of a kind so these guys are right to tell you not to shoot it, even though they are a lot of fun, I love my SVT 40, they shoot like an M14, but louder because of the brake on the end slants back.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts