Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They opened a Joe's store here in Spokane this weekend, stoppped by after drill and the place was a mad-house ! They had one M44 on display and after waiting 30 minutes for one of the counter guys to get free my wait was rewarded with a Tula M44; Surprised the H out of me ! Pretty deceant bore some old rust frosting under the refinish on bbl & recvr. Recvr is a round low-wall, as a bonus it is " P 60 " marked too. $ 97 OTD with mil discount.

It would be nice if Mupples Tulla 44 survey post came back, don't remember if this was an observed prefix.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
That's the very first 'P-60' marked carbine I've seen. The fact that it's a Tula M44 to boot is great, too! Congrats on a really nice find.
Poot

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
great find. Whats the date on the tang, if you looked? I always like that hidden surprise/history in those. I've got one with a 38 reciever that I really like.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Thats a great score and a decently marked Tula marking. Most are stamped poorly, and finding one that isn't, is a tough thing to do. Interestingly enough, I just found a rifle that is P60 marked just exactly like yours. I left it on the shelf, but it's suprising to see it is stamped just like yours.

·
Registered
772 Posts
First P60 Tula M44 I've seen congrats! Well worth the wait.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
Congratulations. Tula typically remarked and redated the tangs of reused receivers so that's not a sure sign it's a '44 Tula receiver. All 1944 Tula receivers are high wall, so it's likely an earlier receiver, even if just by a couple of years. Even without a clear date or arsenal you might be able to pin it down here.

When the "old/old" Gunboards is available again I plan on copying all the survey forum information over to these new boards, including mupples Tula carbine information.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Congrats !

A great and unique find...congratulations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have observed 5 (out of 110) Tula M44s with the same first letter. The second letters so far are "A" (3 of 5), "B" (yours), and "M".

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess I'm still to new or uninformed, regarding Mosin-Nagant's. :(

What's a P-60 and what's the significance? :confused:

The curious and uninformed would like to know............ :rolleyes:

Chuck

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
P-60 is just another unknown mark that shows up with regularity. It can be fun to keep track of what type of rifles unknown marks show up on to see if a pattern can be established.

:eek: My 5 year old daughter really wanted me to add the "scary face" to the post. :D
Then put a pic of your real self as your avatar.

(Like the one of you hosing down the range with your repro DP, one of my fav pics ever on this forum!)

Also note there is a math problem here--your count and average don't add up...Total Posts: 154 (0.01 posts per day)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also note there is a math problem here--your count and average don't add up...Total Posts: 154 (0.01 posts per day)
We all joined in 1969 so the math might be right.:confused: BTW, I joined before I was born. Pretty neat trick. :D

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,696 Posts
My 2 Tula M-44's

Nice find! I've got two 1944 Tula M-44's, one is "triangle 25" marked, and both have a star stamped into the finger groove on the right side of the stock. One also has screwed-in SSE's front and back, the other has wartime SSE's (none in the back, half slot in the front).

I forgot about my 1944 HEX Tula M-44, I added that pic along with my 1944 Tula M-38.

Congrats on your nice find, these are all uncommon rifles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts