Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this ex-dragoon Tula 91/30 refurb with a Tula receiver ,Which I thought was pretty cool. Around this area ,finding a tula receiver with tula barrel is kinda difficult. I do prefer the looks of the hex receiver over the round. Thanks for lookin.

·
Diamond Member
6,950 Posts
Nice looking rifle. My first hex was also a 26 Tula. It's s/n is in the 70k range, and instead of having a Tula Hammmer on the receiver, it has the wreath and sickle stamp. Congratulations on your "pillaging". Denny

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milsurp flu, u bet!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It is my understanding that the sickle and wreath on the receiver does not indicate Izhevsk manufacture on the dragoons but rather an image of the national symbol. I'm not sure about this but I think an Izhevsk - Tula mixed rifle would be the star / bow & arrow markings, not star / sickle & wreath.

Or in other words, a receiver with a Hammer/Sickle near the barrel shank could still have a hammer and date tang??

Can anyone who knows for sure chime in here?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinTheOp.htm#Wreath

The vast majority of Tula rifles are on Tula receivers. Maybe 10% of my Russian/Soviet rifles are on a receiver that is from a different year, and sometimes a different arsenal, than the barrel. I'd say that the actual percentage overall is much lower because I have sought these out and bought them every chance I get.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
I did a quick count and my percentage is actually 17.84. That's 38 receivers of a different date and/or arsenal out of 213 Soviet era Dragoons, M91/30s, M38s and M44s. This includes a few that are only one year off but I didn't take time to sort them out. I'd say the overall percentage is still way under 10.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey swissrifles1 I noticed you live in Indiana. Where in Indiana are you located? Just wondering where you picked this up and if you know of any good stores in-state. Nice Mosin!

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Hey swissrifles1 I noticed you live in Indiana. Where in Indiana are you located? Just wondering where you picked this up and if you know of any good stores in-state. Nice Mosin!
Gander Mountain stores have some M91/30 and M44 rifles for 150, too expansive for me, and I have seen one ex-sniper in the lot that local store has.

Are you going to be at gun show at Allen County Memorial Coliseum this weekend?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Northern Indiana. near Michigan line. The store I got this from has no more like this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts