Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through a dealers postwar rebuilds stock and found these that just had to come home with me. The 1940 Tula XO-48 has the correct early stock and handguard.
Does anyone know the meaning of this marking? I imagine that 1943 Tula ex-snipers are fairly common but I have trouble passing up a nice one at a good price. I found these at the Pasadena, Texas show
during vendors set up Friday night. I shall be there all weekend. Look for the two flagpoles with the Mongolian, Imperial Russian, and Quing Dynasty Chinese/Manchu flags standing about fifteen feet above the floor.
My tables are around the center of the show, slightly closer to the front than the back. If you look up I am hard to miss........ Stop by and visit or bring me something nice to trade.........

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Some time ago somebody mentioned that MO probably meant Moscow Militia and XO meant Kharkov Militia, and indeed the restamped dates were in line with those assumptions. The 1943 Tula ex-snipers are really nice pieces, and really show the evidence of being in a hurry. I looked a long time before finding a good one with subtle import marks and the CH not stamped all crooked, am having the bolt bent now and can't wait to get it to the range for some scoped fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.