Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The rifle is back together and looks fine. Can't gripe about a single thing. One fine crack on the top wood on the left of the receiver. Nothing else. All of the metal after cleanin' appears to have original finish. Shellac is not my favorite finish, but the wood has nice color and grain.

Lancebear

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
Shellac may not be the greatest finish, but you notice how much better the original shellac is compared to the stuff on the refurbs? The difference is night and day. Do you plan on shooting it? Curious to know how well that front sight works.

Lancebear, congrats on your SCW. I think you did well with this purchase and it is a great example. Your SN is kinda close to my '37 Tula. I have wondered how the rifles were allocated/pulled for export to Spain Denny
View attachment 305817
Denny,
Given the preponderance of '36 and '37 91/30's; it's easy to visualize rifles rolling right off the assembly line and being loaded for transport post haste. Quite an improvement over the motley assortment of obsolete rifles sent earlier.
That makes me wonder...are there stockpiles of Vetterlis, Enfields, Berthiers, etc.,still in Spain? What about 1895 Nagants or Tokarev pistols?

·
Gold Bullet Member
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interloper,

I think the shellac on the hand guard could be original, very fine. Stock no, it was sanded and someone re-shellaced it. Will shoot it next time at the range.
Wonder if it will shoot two feet high or what? I'll try it at fifty yards to start.

LB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts