Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vic, you wanted a link to the spam?! Dooh...?! Just look at the postings by lekan01 .
Tuco, I tried to send you a PM about this but you aren't getting it so I'll put it here. I think this is one of the spammers who was hitting the old collector forums. Just use your eyes. Sorry if this sounds insulting or cynical. The DDR folks have gone through several moves in a short time because of spam and all this other stuff.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
They are already aware of this and are working on it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
they are zapping these guys left and right. i saw one today that posted in many different forums ads for cell phones and what not. that person was was ban-hammered the same day. i think they are doing a phenomenal job.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
There's no need to post here. Moderators are on top of it and as soon as a spammer is seen by a moderator in any forum all moderators are notified and delete the posts in their respective forums. Meanwhile the Administrators lock down the spammer's account. You may still see them in the member's list because sometimes they just disable it instead of deleting it. That way they can't re-register with the same name. Regardless of the common mis-perception, moderators and Administrators have a life outside of Gunboards and are not online 24 hours a day. As soon as they are back online they take care of the problem. All you are doing by posting about it here is compounding the unwanted clutter on the boards. When you post to a spammer's thread all you are doing is bringing it back to the top of the page. Just drop it and let the moderators and Administrators do their job.

·
Administrator
19,254 Posts
I had banned him yerstday Tedley. Thank you for keeping an eye out for these kinds of things. Its easy to miss them in a sea of postings.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have yet to develop a complaint about the moderators--they are efficient and fly below the radar. The moderators rock. Let them do their work.

CDFingers

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I have a complaint about a moderator, Tuco changed my avatar. Other than that we all owe these guys a whole bunch, anyone who has not sent a contribution to the forum should really think about it, after all, how many have subscriptions to magazines that the only read once a month?
Best wishes
Gus (the oragatan)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You missed One Big-time

I had banned him yerstday Tedley. Thank you for keeping an eye out for these kinds of things. Its easy to miss them in a sea of postings.
l
Look for the guy that posted the Cell phone ad spam right under your nose in the "Report Spam Here" forum. It was still up as I post this. These guys have brass. Heard that one spammer in Europe that was caught was facing something like a seven year term in prison somewhere. I'd hoped we'd be done with these folks.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
He's banned...and it's there because that was where he was to be reported to by whomever.....

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
I want to complain about the moderators!!!

But I can't seem to find any reason..........Good Job, Guys!:D

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
l
Look for the guy that posted the Cell phone ad spam right under your nose in the "Report Spam Here" forum. It was still up as I post this. These guys have brass. Heard that one spammer in Europe that was caught was facing something like a seven year term in prison somewhere. I'd hoped we'd be done with these folks.

Or a moderator moved that thread to the Report Spam Here forum from another forum as means of reporting it and passing the word to other moderators. Regardless, I don't think it's necessary to report spam in the Report Spam Here forum in the Collector's Forum, or in the Report Spam Here forum. :rolleyes:

·
Silver Bullet member
1,107 Posts
I want to complain about the moderators!!!

But I can't seem to find any reason..........Good Job, Guys!:D
+1 If i had a reason to bust one's balls I would ;D, ... Keep up the good work ,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts