Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
While on the road in central Florida last week I surveyed a few pawn & gun shops. I stopped one where the owner informed me that he only had one old military gun and proceeded to pull it from behind the counter. Turned out to be a TT33 from the Izhevsk arsenal made in 1942 equipped with wood grips. It was completely matching and exhibited more blue than the last half dozen bring back Toks I’d seen combined. After a little light haggling it was purchased for a bit less than you’d pay for a Norinco clone. Can anyone recommend a commercial ammo for the TT? Here are some pics.

Best regards,
Len

·
Administrator
3,433 Posts
Wow, great score! Those wartime wood grip panels are really neat. I've had good results from S&B and Winchester 7.62x25.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,329 Posts
WOW! Excellent original finish, matching mag, no import marks or safety and the less common Izhevsk manufacture... not sure you could ask for more in a TT33! Color me green with envy. EXCELLENT find. I like the wartime grips.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice score, Len! Thanks for the pics!

My Toks like Romy, Yugo and S&B ... but I now usually only feed them the S&B since the other two sport chlorate primers.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,329 Posts
For folks with a TT33 interest or WWII pistols in general, you have an EXCEPTIONAL piece. If you ever get "bored" with it, I have lots to things to trade!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts