Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

I have a number of TT-33's, but I picked up a Romanian the other day, cleaned it, and got it to the range this weekend. While it functioned fine, the trigger pull was quite possibly the worst I've experienced on any handgun. I would say it's similar to a Polish P-64 with DA pull.

I disassembled the trigger group and the hammer had a distinctive burr on it. It also seems that the sear and hammer have worn together on a slight angle. Using the finest file I could procure and a stone, I removed the burr and just polished the surfaces a bit. It hasn't helped much. The trigger pull still really sucks.

Now, I wonder what my options are? I see other trigger groups online for $60 or so + shipping, or the hammer and sear for maybe $40 total. If buying a used hammer and sear, I might end up in a similar (or worse) situation. Who knows if the parts would come from different guns and have worn differently.

So, next, I guess I could find a gunsmith... seems a bit silly to spend a lot to clean up the pull on a gun that was $220 - $230 with shipping or so.... but otherwise it has to get early retirement.

Thoughts?

·
Platinum Bullet member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder how it might work if I put some lapping compound on the friction points and cocked/ uncocked it a couple hundred times?

I notice that the hammer spring seems particularly strong. The cases that were fired had a slightly odd look to them, maybe I can take a photo of one tonight. The firing pin hit was quite deep and oddly left a drag mark on the back of the case that I can't recall seeing before on a TT-33.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.