Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
127 Posts
Looks like the 'close' variants aren't all that scarce, such as the Norinco 213, and currently the Zastava 57 and 70A. Seems like if one wants a Tokarev for a plinker, that would be the way to go. The sights, on the Zastavas anyway, suck bigtime; not good plinkers.

· Registered
308 Posts
Got my dated 19839 that was a "bring back" that I bought from the vets daughter years ago. Interesting pistol and though I have never fired it, very happy to have it my collection.

· Silver Bullet Member
5,991 Posts
All of the above reasons might be true. But IMO, the most important one of all is the "manual safety required" aspect for importation will ensure that until it's profitable to alter these guns, none will be imported. And if they do arrive, they are "altered", keeping the price down, and therefore not economical to convert. And so on..............

I was smart enough to order two GSP pistols when they were a available. Ha, Ha....

· Registered
1,946 Posts
wonder what led to 7.62x25 being prohibited if from the Russian Federation.
Just a guess, not a fact...

Maybe the fact that the catridge is known super penetrator of bullet proof vests etc. i.e. potential "cop killer" had something to do with it. They wanted to keep TT-33s and their "super ammo" out of the US streets...The logic is there but it is faulty as all logic used to "weapon bans" is.

Small fact for the end. The "cop killer" reputation of the TT-33 is very much true. Ask Estonian police. In the early 1990s police had Makarovs and the mobsters TT-33s...

· Copper Bullet member
9,964 Posts
Bugelson nailed it.

· Copper Bullet member
9,964 Posts
John is a very good friend. I was just with him a few weeks ago, and God-willing, we will spend a weekend together in August.

· Registered
333 Posts
It is weird knowing that the Tokarev series AND the P38 series are not on the list. The last time I saw an imported TT33 was on gunbroker a year ago with the pistol noted as a "Tokrev" and with a billboard sized import mark on the slide. Pre-war and went for only $250. Even so, wish I had been 21 at the time. :/

· Registered
128 Posts
Took about 6 months but stumbled onto a 1940 Tula about 6 months ago on one of the local FB gun groups. It's a Korean War bringback with no safety. They aren't easy to find exept for places like Gunbroker and even there they get expensive (I traded my Model 213 Tokarev straight across for it). If you find one locally grab it up! They are just going to get more scarce.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.