Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a feed problem with my Polish TT33. About 10-20% of the time, the round will not chamber all the way. It will go about halfway into the chamber and then get stuck. The slide has not gone all the way forward into battery. If I lightly slap the back of the slide, it will go into battery. But it is VERY hard to pull the slide back when it is stuck.

I am using surplus Romanian 7.62x25 ammo. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or an idea of how to fix it. I haven't been able to find anything about it online...

Thanks.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
I know romanian surplus would do this in my CZ-52, so you may want to try the spin test. Get some commercial 7.62x25 and some romanian 7.62x25. Put the commercial ammo in the barrel (you need to pull the barrel out of the gun to get proper grip on the ammo.) You should be able to freely spin the round around and pull it out of the barrel. Try the romanian ammo: Some romanian ammo will get stuck or not spin freely. The stuff that fails should be reserved for your romanian tokarev, which will eat just about anything. Stuff that spins can be shot. If you don't have a romanian tokarev, well, this means you need to get one. If nothing is failing the spin test then there is another problem. But being able to slap it into battery and being very hard to pull it back sounds like the problem i had with my CZ and hopefully ammo sorting will solve your problem. Romanian ammo is well maintained and accurate but there appears to have been a lack of care in keeping the ammo in spec when it was made.

Cleaning it also may help.

Ps you don't actually need commercial ammo, but it is a good control on the spin test- it always almost always spins and removes freely.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Slightly off-sized ammo as noted above, possibly compounded by chamber crud. Check as noted above. Do ya own a set of calipers? They'd tell you how far out of spec the cartrige sizing is, once you also research up the cartrige specs.

One of my .45's is far more tightly chambered (civ. typical) than my ordinance spec 1911A1 clone (original ordinance spec, aka, "damnloose"). At some point in shooting before cleaning, it will do the same "failure to go fully into battery". The exact point depends on the ammo it is fed. It is worst with cast bullets (.001" larger than jacketed) loaded in Federal cases (a good deal thicker than all my other cases). 50-70 rounds of this exact loading. Different case, especially jacketed in a thinner case, no problem. I have mirror-polished the chamber, several times, helped SOME buit without polishing out a thousandth or 2, it's going to be as it is.

The old 1911 will run forever, no such issue. tested to 600 rounds before.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My Polock Tok did that too. I just did the ol' brass bore brush in the Dewalt trick to the chamber for about 10 seconds and it helped it feed. Also might want to check your extractor and recoil spring for any malfunctions...
My Romy eats whatever's in the magazine...lol...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Chronocube, did you get your pistol functioning properly? Your PM box is full! I just got a Polish TT33 and its doing the same exact thing with whatever brand i feed it. Just the part where it jams halfway into battery once every other clip. No problem or difficulty pulling slide back. I touch the slide and it slams shut and fires just fine for another 8-10 rds. before the same thing happens all over again. Maybe weak recoil spring?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.