Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of a recent purchase I received this Polish Mosin Nagant. It’s one of the rifles they altered to 8mm Mauser.

It’s a Polish 91/98/25
The bad- the stock is lightly sanded, handguard is missing, and I believe it’s got the wrong rear band on it.

The good- all numbers match, and..... it’s a Polish 91/98/25

Bore is pretty decent, all the rifling is there, but shows use.

Just trying to put a real world value on this rifle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the ejector/interrupter one ore two piece. That's the difference between /25 and /26. Your example didn't go through refurbishing process during mid 30's which is why it still has original Russian sling slots. Those were usually plugged during refurbishment done by Zbrojownia 2. Are you interested in selling it?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The interrupter appears to be a 2 piece.
I haven’t taken it apart to check the date on the receiver tang yet, to see if it’s an antique receiver or not.
the rear sling slot looks like they all do, the front one was altered, probably to put a metal sling hanger through it.
Ill post a few more pictures.
I may put the rifle up for sale or trade, as my Mosin collection consists mostly of Finnish rifles.
I have found a few auctions of these rifles that have sold to get a rough idea of value, but I’d like a more recent price to go by.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am not an expert in these, as Polish rifle resources are hard to come by. However, as an aficionado of Polish milsurps, I do know that this is quite a rare bird and I can see this going for $2k or more if it was complete and untouched. With the missing/incorrect parts and sanded stock, it would definitely chip away at that.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I’ve been able to base pricing on is a few past auctions. One of these sold for $2850 on gunbroker with an incorrect bolt in it. Im trying to put a “realistic” price to it. But I know how hard these are to find.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
The bolt head is VERY important to be matching, or at least Polish fabricated.

The missing handguard is somewhat common. The rear band may be original, as many different styles were used. The front sling slot is the first I have seen with that alteration.

$1.5 - 2.5k would not be out of the question. Much lower, and you might as well hang on to it. Might even bring crazy money at an auction like Rock Island.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,174 Posts
The bolt head is VERY important to be matching, or at least Polish fabricated.

The missing handguard is somewhat common. The rear band may be original, as many different styles were used. The front sling slot is the first I have seen with that alteration.
+1. I'm not seeing any red flags on that rear band, and for the same reason.

Pat

·
Registered
377 Posts
Part of a recent purchase I received this Polish Mosin Nagant. It’s one of the rifles they altered to 8mm Mauser.

It’s a Polish 91/98/25
The bad- the stock is lightly sanded, handguard is missing, and I believe it’s got the wrong rear band on it.

The good- all numbers match, and..... it’s a Polish 91/98/25

Bore is pretty decent, all the rifling is there, but shows use.

Just trying to put a real world value on this rifle.
View attachment 3822258 View attachment 3822259 View attachment 3822260 View attachment 3822262

View attachment 3822257

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.