Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
21,093 Posts
It's a factory /26\, the most common, but generally the most desirable, as it can be dated. The spike is usual for this year, and it should not be numbered.

A /316\ would be one of the later production with a pinned barrel. Yours is a short lug threaded barrel, which is correct.

· Silver Bullet Member
21,093 Posts
Thank you guys for the info. If I can, I'll try and get a better picture of the triangle. Is the /26\ a more common one or more desirable?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I'm better than I though I was, when I can answer questions before they are even asked! :)

It's a factory /26\, the most common, but generally the most desirable, as it can be dated.

· Silver Bullet Member
21,093 Posts
I think you have a pinned barrel version instead of the screw in type.
Third pic in the OP clearly indicates a short collar threaded barrel. It's a 1966 /26\ with matching numbers and a heavily sanded stock. Not taking away from others' opinions on origin or value. But it's clearly no longer a solid collector's piece, and should be considered primarily as a shooter, $250 gun IMO. I'm a collector and wouldn't buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.