Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at a type 56 from plant 316 made in 1966 with all matching. I only snapped a few pictures, but it's in very good shape.
The guy is asking $340. My gun fund is pretty dang low at the moment and it would completely tap me out. Saying that, I do not have a type 56 in the safe yet.

So the questions are.......Have I translated the marks correctly and is it a fare price? Also, does anyone know what the small circle pictures is? (Third picture)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is whole. I wish I had taken more pics. I looked it over pretty well. Wood is in good condition, no rust or putting. Bore is very good. All major parts has matching unforced numbers except I couldn't find a number on the spike mapping me think it doesn't belong to the rifle.

I sused out the characters here. I kept coming up with 316 add the plant.
http://www.mandarintools.com/chardict.html

Here's the internal link for the triangle.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=160986

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the info. If I can, I'll try and get a better picture of the triangle. Is the /26\ a more common one or more desirable?

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I few more pictures. I went ahead and got it.
I don't think the stock has been messed with. The cosmo is still in the crevices and the bolt seems to have been peened. I think if it was sanded or stripped, the metal adjacent to the wood would show evidence since I don't think the bolt can be removed. In the picture you can see the peen which did have cosmo in the peens until I picked it out with the plastic pick. I was going to take it down and give it a through cleaning, but I'm thinking I will just do what I can with a plastic pick.
I'll look up and see what the difference in a pinned barrel and a threaded one. I'm not sure what difference that makes.
On the trigger, I included a closer picture. Not sure if that adds info or not. This has the cleaning kit with it as well.
Every number I have found stamped matches the receiver: receiver, rear housing, stock, trigger guard, magazine, bolt, bolt carrier. I could not find numbers on the bayonet, cleaning rod, cleaning kit, or butt plate.

Writing implement Publication Wood Office equipment Trigger
Brown Wood Fixture Door Wood stain
Wood Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Nail Knee
Wood Material property Eyewear Font Tints and shades

Picture of the bayonet cutout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.