Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,198 Posts
500 to 700.

People like the oddness of them and the fact that they are in 7.62 NATO
Well...yeah but lets be more precise...SOME people like the oddness and 762 Nato caliber
but most milsurp collectors think these are dogs and not worth messing with. That won't be
greeted well with all the cheerleaders who showed up on this thread but they'll get over it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,080 Posts
This is true GB is a terrible place to get a selling value. The amount of non paying bidders is ridiculous not to mention all of the shill bidding going on. $500-$700 depending on the day.
actually it is, if you understand how to use it,

the entire market, gunbroker or not, jumped up quite a bit since 2020 (lots of excess money for some)

the NPB's are few, and the shills are even less of a thing (more of an internet myth to be honest) that keeps getting mentioned by folks that sometimes still think it is 1992

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,080 Posts
I'm sure everyone here is thinking it, we hope you have a long life/pull through.

If I were in your position I would look into having rock island auction handle everything. That's what I've told my wife. They do all the work and get beyond retail for whatever they sell. Just this man's opinion.

Ps those are some nice looking yugo Mausers!
I know a few that plan the same, and a couple that have gone that route

my suggestion, based on talking to the owners and estate people, would be to shop a few auction houses, and negotiate rates,

one that I know of has an OUTSTANDING collection of German WW2 stuff, all pristine,
his plan is for his estate it that RIA will show up and get it, then cut the wife and family a check,
his stuff if front page catalog worthy,

I know another person that inherited a collection, then got ill and did the same (not as nice but unusual stuff and some NFA)
this person did it due to time constraints, RIA was the quickest 'bang for the buck' for them

I have also known folks that used Morphy's due to better rates, and were happy

after those 'success stories' I also have met some folks that sent stuff to RIA and they did not get good results and did not like the way the entire transaction was handled,

my point is , be clear with which ever company you use and get rates etc in writing

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Complications could resolve too. I would love to use both legs again. Blood clots are serious.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi Jack - Things are evolving for you. My regrets. Let me know if you need me for anything.

Best
Absolutely ! Hope everyone is well on your end.

·
Silver Bullet member
907 Posts
Well...yeah but lets be more precise...SOME people like the oddness and 762 Nato caliber
but most milsurp collectors think these are dogs and not worth messing with. That won't be
greeted well with all the cheerleaders who showed up on this thread but they'll get over it.
Wow. “Most milsurp collectors” bs, Ive been doing this a long time and I doubt any poll you’d run among average collectors would call these “dogs”. Unless you’d only poll K98 and Luger snobs, and we know how they are. But the market tells the truth, they’re climbing in value because they’re cool, when K98’s are dropping in 10 yearsbecause nobody has ammo, and all the 70-80 y/o snobs who lather at the millions of varieties are dead, the younger collectors will still want these. You’ll get over it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
actually it is, if you understand how to use it,

the entire market, gunbroker or not, jumped up quite a bit since 2020 (lots of excess money for some)

the NPB's are few, and the shills are even less of a thing (more of an internet myth to be honest) that keeps getting mentioned by folks that sometimes still think it is 1992
I do understand how to use it. The NPB's are not few I sell 5 and one does not pay. It happens every week. You must not sell much on GB. With asinine prices people are paying for below average items it ruins it for the collector. You cannot get a true value of things. It was the same way when the idiots were paying $1500 for carbon 15 a few years back.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts