Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One fired and one not. W/bayonets ans slings.

I have not seen any move in years so what will they be looking at on today's market.

Thanks Gents for your time.

Reactions: free1954

·
Registered
828 Posts
“Highly collectible” is subjective but I don’t think we actually disagree. They’re desirable rifles for all the reasons you mention. But I haven’t seen lots of books published on the minutiae of the stampings yet the way you see with K98ks.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,299 Posts
On topic: Nice pair of rifles! I agree the large ring Mauser FR-8s are in the $600-750 range. A rifle with a matching bolt and in good condition with accessories should be close to the high end of the range (bayonets and slings are still relatively cheap for these so not a huge adder). FR-7s fetch a bit less as less robust small ring Mausers.

Off topic: The 'soon' in your title has me concerned. If you're suffering from a terminal illness, and expect to depart in the near future, I'm sorry to hear this information (I am not trying to pry into your affairs). If you're suffering emotional/mental anguish and want the suffering to stop, please reach out to someone, there are many people who have been there: 1-800-273-8255. I'm just a relative stranger on the internet, and pardon me if I offend, but I'd regret it if I was the one who failed to respond to someone reaching out for help due to fear of embarrassment of misreading the message of a title.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've seen a few sell for less than 500. Surprisingly, not involving gunjoker.

Gunbroker is a terrible place to get gun values. The selling prices are driven up by newbies and shills. Sometimes just auction fever driven egos. I haven't seen a decently priced milsurp hardly anywhere in the past couple years, even longer on Gunbroker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
828 Posts
I’d agree, in the sense that it will give you an inflated value and you may not actually get that price if you put it on Gunbroker yourself.

I’ve sold a lot on GB and sometimes you get absurd money for common stuff. Other times you get ok money, and sometimes you take a few dozen good pictures and still get a result that would be on the low side even in a local shop. But since it’s where a lot of dealers get the baseline for their own asking prices, it is (unfortunately) worth taking into account to some degree.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please post close ups of any barrel, bolt, stock or receiver markings you may have.

This is all I have at the moment.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've seen a few sell for less than 500. Surprisingly, not involving gunjoker.

Gunbroker is a terrible place to get gun values. The selling prices are driven up by newbies and shills. Sometimes just auction fever driven egos. I haven't seen a decently priced milsurp hardly anywhere in the past couple years, even longer on Gunbroker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is true GB is a terrible place to get a selling value. The amount of non paying bidders is ridiculous not to mention all of the shill bidding going on. $500-$700 depending on the day.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I won't have to worry about how they are disposed of. I won't be around. It's just a guide line, I have 2 to 5 years to deal with all this. I had an organ transplant last August Went well but complications popped up. Lots to think about but things could get better too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I won't have to worry about how they are disposed of. I won't be around. It's just a guide line, I have 2 to 5 years to deal with all this. I had an organ transplant last August Went well but complications popped up. Lots to think about but things could get better too.

I hope the best for you and your family. I have no knowledge of the rifles you are asking about, but just want to say I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless you all and stay strong. Never give up the fight.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,809 Posts

I'm sure everyone here is thinking it, we hope you have a long life/pull through.

If I were in your position I would look into having rock island auction handle everything. That's what I've told my wife. They do all the work and get beyond retail for whatever they sell. Just this man's opinion.

Ps those are some nice looking yugo Mausers!

Reactions: MJ

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you know you have 2-5 years, you have an advantage over a lot of us! Not an enviable circumstance but you have some time, like what you're doing here, to get things done and take care of business. God Speed!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts