Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this 1904 Carl Gustaf Mauser. I’ve been trying to find similar looking Mausers online to no avail. The serial number begins with kb 3 and on the bottom of the stock just beneath the trigger guard is two crown stamps which from what I gathered signifies that it was accepted for military use. But again, I can’t find anything similar online and was hoping someone had more knowledge on it.
Wood Wire Hardwood Metal Electrical wiring
Wood Tool Hardwood Font Metal
Office supplies Pen Everyday carry Metal Bicycle part

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. I’d say Curt is correct — you have some version of a Swedish Mauser. It’s hard to tell which model in its current configuration because at some point is was “sporterized,” or modified to convert it from a military rifle to a hunting/shooting rifle.

The Swedish Mausers are highly regarded as quality firearms. Sporterizing isn’t highly regarded, at least not on this forum where collectors prize all-original historical pieces. (But some of us have lots of sporterized guns).

Any other markings or numbers that you can show us?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It was a m/94 Swedish Mauser carbine (serial number confirms and stock finger groove length adds confirmation of correct but sporterized stock)

The wrist crown stamps show that it went thru arsenal inspection twice

KB was the inspector in 1904

·
Registered
835 Posts
Too bad it was sporterized, Swede carbines are not cheap nowadays. But in its current configuration it will make a heck of a shooter or hunting rifle, and also a lot more interesting than some modern bolt gun made with plastic trim and a camouflage stock. This one has much more character.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too bad it was sporterized, Swede carbines are not cheap nowadays. But in its current configuration it will make a heck of a shooter or hunting rifle, and also a lot more interesting than some modern bolt gun made with plastic trim and a camouflage stock. This one has much more character.
Because it was sporterized unfortunately I don’t think I’m going to demilitarize it. I think I’m going to use it as hunting/shooting rifle. It’s really unfortunate because I really do love the Mauser original look, but such is life I guess. And I agree the history this rifle has seen makes it more valuable IMO.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Because it was sporterized unfortunately I don’t think I’m going to demilitarize it. I think I’m going to use it as hunting/shooting rifle. It’s really unfortunate because I really do love the Mauser original look, but such is life I guess. And I agree the history this rifle has seen makes it more valuable IMO.
Yea, it would cost you too much to try and get it correct (a stock runs $400+ when/if found) and it’s been drilled. Enjoy as a shooter or hunting rifle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.