Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum, glad to see there is a group as dedicated as I am to my Mak. Mine is an IJ70-17A I think. .380, and I added wider rubber grip that wraps around the back because the backstrap was diggin in something fierce during recoil, otherwise it is stock.

My only complaint with the gun is the trigger, which seems to have excessive takeup, and a final rough, gritty travel before it breaks, making it feel imprecise, and I suspect hurting my accuracy (although I still outshoot my friends with their SIGs!). I have several hundred rounds through it, but not a thousand, I am sure. i have read others online who describe the trigger like "dragging a piano across a gravel road", so I take it I am not alone.

So, to my question: What trigger mods/gunsmithing has anyone done, and with what results? And what should I expect to pay for such service? Thanks all!

Michael

·
Silver Bullet member
282 Posts
If you do it yourself, Just go a little bit at a time. Easy to remove metal, hard to put it back. Just my .02

·
Registered
430 Posts
Glad to have you and welcome to the forum. Not much can be done for the so called excessive takeup, but the gritty travel can be totally eliminated.
Take the slide off and spray some brake cleaner or some other strong solvent to take away all the oil from the sear, hammer, and trigger bar area, then reassemble. Start dry firing it a few/several hundred times so the contacts can wear and smooth out to each other. Then lube when satisfied.

Also for a much lighter double action pull, the mainspring can be ground off a little on each side of it. I can go into more detail about the process if interested.......Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've always had good luck by simply polishing contact areas. I've done it to my AK's, 1911's and my Maks. If you have a dremmel tool and a polishing attachment and a little compound, just polish the contact areas silky smooth and it helps a lot. I never saw the need to remove much material unless there was an obvious problem or you were looking for that competition 2 1/2 lb pull...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts