Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an extremely large amount of Enfield wood and metal parts in a trade.There are I know a few bits and pieces for the Mk V or Trials rifle.The problem I am having at the moment is because of moving I am seperated from my collection and have no rifle or book to look at for a clear idea of what parts to look for.

Can anyone direct me to where MkV pictures are or may be on the web.I am trying to help a friend with a sight on a rifle he has just bought that dosent have one.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Snapped a set of photos for you with the old Kodak. Not as much detail as I would like but hopefully good enough for the task at hand.
BTW, before the gang busts my chops about adjusting the sling just know that it's one of the latex core'd "jungle slings" that's now stiff as a board. It came with the rifle and is the only one of these I've seen over the years so I've left it as is.
Cheers,
mawkie

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
heres a couple more photos for you since the sticky is now void of same ,

bayo boss with band at the rear , large headed nosecap screw

"V" marked safety with angled grooves at the forward edge ,

and of coarse the folding aperature rear sight behind the charger bridge ,
two piece full length upper hand guard , and front of the trigger guard fitted with wire loop in leiu of swivel mount ahead of the magazine , there is a cutoff without the holes , i think thats the important bits .....oh and the cocking-piece is flat sided with three vertical grooves

·
Registered
783 Posts
Also looking for a trials rear sight. Looks like a No.4 sight, but at the bottom where the detent is for a flat plunger, it has a large notch for a ball.
Drop me a PM, as willing to pay for the right sight.
Cheers,
Wheaty.............

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I brought home the D70 and was going to post better photos of the MKV rear sight but A square 10 beat me to it (and did a great job of it too boot!). Now I'm wondering just how much information amassed over time will have to be reconstituted, like the old MKV sticky. Hope the photos, along with the new-found bits, will help restore another MKV!
Cheers,
mawkie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for posting the pics there it really did help.

I was able to dig through and found a sight for the friend that was looking for one.

It was good to be able to help him as his MkV was just about in excellent shape without a sight.Now its in excellent shape with a sight.

I shall PM everyone who has expressed an interest in parts and if I can help in any way I shall be only too glad to do so.It was not and nor is it my intention to use the board for any financial gain.I am not out to line my pockets with silver.

To me this is purely a hobby and if I can trade parts and help someone else out then I shall be a happy camper.

At the rate I am going it will probably take me quite a while just to get through the metal parts alone.

Wood I will have to leave until after the move is complete.

Thanks again for the help with the pics it is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also looking for a trials rear sight. Looks like a No.4 sight, but at the bottom where the detent is for a flat plunger, it has a large notch for a ball.
Drop me a PM, as willing to pay for the right sight.
Cheers,
Wheaty.............
It that you, Warren, still on Mission Impossible?

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know if its the new board or not I am trying to PM or Email you guys and it is saying that member is not allowing PMs or E mails.If youd like to drop me a line with Enfield MKV in the subject line I can E mail you all.Please put at least Enfield in the subject line or my Spam Filter will automatically trash it. E Mail is [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts