Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,674 Posts
1. They look like statues....I know they are not.
2. They are slim and don't seem to be very tall.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
And only one soldier has a gas mask, it was forbidden for a soldier to have a camera in the front lines, if caught with one, it counld be a charge of spying.
This era must have been "golden times" for professional/officialy allowed photographers! And must have lasted till the end of the interbellum. The system (also now) existed in taking a picture of as many persons as one could "round up", everyone was/is interested in seeing his image on a photo, and everyone of them is "a possible sale". It makes me think of the British poet/writer (the name escapes me right now, Byron???) who once wrote: "It's good to see one's own name in print!".
Personaly I missed the WWI photoalbums of a buddy of my dad after he passed away in the late sixthies (some 50 cm in height). They asked more as a month of my salary and ... at that time, I needed this more for family matters. You can't always win!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.