Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey fellows :
I thought that the tag was missing a piece at the bottom and what was left was arata. Gee bet you wonder how I "knew" that ! well my familiy name is C A F F E R A T A, so it was easy to see from your translation that it was close to my mother's last name. Here I was going to suggest roxcorduroy that he had to sell me his bayonet "ala Arisakadogs", thankyou Chip & Takehito for your fine help with translations.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One again.. Thank you guys for your help. I do have another question though. What would be the best way to clean the green goo on the metal parts (as seen in the pics) without damaging the metal or leather?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
What would be the best way to clean the green goo on the metal parts (as seen in the pics) without damaging the metal or leather?
The simplest way is to just wipe off the verdigris with a cloth. I've done this in the past with good results. Some folks may advocate use of a metal cleaner or polish, but I'd try what's simplest, not to mention potentially detrimental to the leather, first.

C/

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
One again.. Thank you guys for your help. I do have another question though. What would be the best way to clean the green goo on the metal parts (as seen in the pics) without damaging the metal or leather?
An old tooth brush works for me...but be careful not to rub the "green goo" into the leather.

By the way, did you know the tooth brush was invented in Maine??? Otherwise it would be called a teeth brush!!! Ya it's a bad joke but what the hell....Jon

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey Jon is your avatar a picture of you crucified by frog swappers?
Ouch!!! No Jareth,
Actually the pic is me jacking some insulators while I was in Colorado. No the wires aren't live! The pic is just too small for any detail and like you I figure most folks think it's a cross....it ain't! I'll have to get a better pic.

But don't underestimate the frog swappers the're everywhere! Jon

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
"Frog swappers?" Must have missed something at the water cooler this morning.

C/

I was wondering the same thing. Don't know about the frog swappers but you had better keep an eye open for the phone police! :eek: They are plugged into everywhere!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
"Frog swappers?" Must have missed something at the water cooler this morning.

C/
Yo Chip,

Were refering to those who, without thought, merrily swap frogs from one bayonet to another. Once it's done the context of the bayonet with which the frog was found is lost forever. So it's very difficult to study and spot patterns, assuming they exist, of frog usage.

I feel the same way about sling swapping, part swapping etc. It's pet peeve of mine that'll most likely be with me till I croak....no pun intended. Jon

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yo Chip,

Were refering to those who, without thought, merrily swap frogs from one bayonet to another. Jon
Ah yes, I recall the lengthy thread on this subject from the old boards. For a second there I thought was some inside joke about the French. Silly me.

C/

·
Registered
121 Posts
I guess Jon must be a big fan of the ebayer that goes by Glock Twenty, who strips all the bayonets of frogs and sells them separately? He's not so much a frog swapper then a frog separator.
Raymond

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I guess Jon must be a big fan of the ebayer that goes by Glock Twenty, who strips all the bayonets of frogs and sells them separately? He's not so much a frog swapper then a frog separator.
Raymond

No Ray...not a fan! But whats really funny is he buys his bayonets on ebay, then sells em' on ebay often for double the price!!! You gotta love his business sense but some nice rigs have been forever seperated, including a bayonet you bought from him not long ago! Where I wonder is the friog it came with?? Jon

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Postscript: the bayonet, frog and tag are now listed on a large, international auction site with a starting bid of $149.99, complete with our free translation.

C/

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Postscript: the bayonet, frog and tag are now listed on a large, international auction site with a starting bid of $149.99, complete with our free translation.

C/
Ya Chip...ya like that!! You'd think at least he'd say it was gonna be for sale, and then give the guys who helped him out a shot at it. Jon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts