Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Well just know not all of us Californians are idiots. Only 95%. :(
ROFLMAO! You're right. Criminals turned in their used guns at a Compton buyback program on Saturday morning no stupid questions asked. Vouchers good for $50.00 were redeemed at Best Buy, Home Depot, Target and the Ralphs supermarkets.

God only knows just how many criminals went free; because the district attorney cannot produce the smoking guns, which can tie them to certain crimes. Why don't we BOYCOTT businesses who help to destroy evidence and obstruct justice?

· Banned
10,365 Posts
http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Sabeel/sabeel8.htm

What Every Muslim Should Know About Christmas

Does Christmas have Biblical Evidence?
The word 'Christmas' is not even present in the entire Bible. The Bible has closed lips on the entire feast of Christmas with one exception, the decoration of tree. Fortunately, for the Christians, the Bible does has a word or two to say on the decoration of the Christmas tree, but unfortunately for them, their own Bible criticizes the use of decorating tree:

"The customs of the people are worthless, they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel, they adore it with silver and gold, they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter" (Jeremiah 10:3,4).
Wow, there is so much wrong and totally out of context with this muslims story I highly doubt he knows anything about Christianity or why we celebrate Christmas.

I'll just hit on the above snippet. What Ali Baba there did was totally blow out of context the passage, Jeremiah 10:3, 4.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Christmas or even decorating Christmas trees. "Trees" being the key word. The Bible is talking about carving into STATUES and cladding that then with gold/silver, much cheaper then casting a solid metal statue, and easier. The only thing it has to do with threes is thats where the raw material came from.
The guy is really an idiot or purposely misleading/lying!
The Bible is warning against worshiping false idols, like goats, gods of rocks and sky etc etc.

Jesus is God, not a false idol. The Christmas tree and holiday represent Christ Himself, again, not a false idol. Just as the cross/crucifix is a reminder of Him and we do not worship the tree or the metal our crosses and crucifix's were made from. How the use and tradition of decorating a tree started, be it pagan or what just an idea some one had isn't important, what it represents now to us is.
Finally, we celebrate the birth of Christ, a 'thanksgiving' of sorts for Him being born to us (on Earth as a man) and the exact date isn't all that important as is the reason.

That said, "eff" all this black Friday poop. All the same stuff will be on sale all week end if not almost the entire next month. Will it really make a difference if the latest wonder gizmo was bought at 5am on Friday or some time in the afternoon a week and a half later? The shelves will be restocked, (so you wont miss the wonder gizmo) and the blood cleaned off the floors.
Other then my wife having to go into work Friday (ha ha:p) we didn't do a lick of shopping. The kids and I just goofed around the house all day.;)

· Silver Bullet member
36,347 Posts
That said, "eff" all this black Friday poop. All the same stuff will be on sale all week end if not almost the entire next month.
Needed a printer - old one would only print in red and black, fine for Swastika flags, nothing else.

Found it at a crowded Best Buy sale Friday, just by accident. Dropped in because I was just driving by, almost decided not to because of the crowds but got a parking space right up front.

The one I decided I wanted after extensive research was there, plenty of them, piled in a heap, way in the back, unadvertised, price didn't even have a sale indication even though it was half the regular price! It was $20 less than HP's lower level older model printer that was extensively advertised for Black Friday!

IMHO the only people dumber than Walmart stampeders are whoever sets prices and advertising at some of these big retailers.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
Wow, there is so much wrong and totally out of context with this muslims story I highly doubt he knows anything about Christianity or why we celebrate Christmas.

I'll just hit on the above snippet. What Ali Baba there did was totally blow out of context the passage, Jeremiah 10:3, 4.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Christmas or even decorating Christmas trees. "Trees" being the key word. The Bible is talking about carving into STATUES and cladding that then with gold/silver, much cheaper then casting a solid metal statue, and easier. The only thing it has to do with threes is thats where the raw material came from.
The guy is really an idiot or purposely misleading/lying!
The Bible is warning against worshiping false idols, like goats, gods of rocks and sky etc etc.

Jesus is God, not a false idol. The Christmas tree and holiday represent Christ Himself, again, not a false idol. Just as the cross/crucifix is a reminder of Him and we do not worship the tree or the metal our crosses and crucifix's were made from. How the use and tradition of decorating a tree started, be it pagan or what just an idea some one had isn't important, what it represents now to us is.
Finally, we celebrate the birth of Christ, a 'thanksgiving' of sorts for Him being born to us (on Earth as a man) and the exact date isn't all that important as is the reason.

That said, "eff" all this black Friday poop. All the same stuff will be on sale all week end if not almost the entire next month. Will it really make a difference if the latest wonder gizmo was bought at 5am on Friday or some time in the afternoon a week and a half later? The shelves will be restocked, (so you wont miss the wonder gizmo) and the blood cleaned off the floors.
Other then my wife having to go into work Friday (ha ha:p) we didn't do a lick of shopping. The kids and I just goofed around the house all day.;)

What bothers me most is that this is a country that was formed from various European Christian countries going back to the 1400's, with Christianity being being what their culture was based upon.

For people to live here, whether they immigrated here or not, and want to start changing the culture, is pure ignorance.

I'm not Jewish, but I'd certainly enjoy living in Israel and would appreaciate the culture that surrounds Judaism.

I'd try and appreciate the Islamic reigion if I was in Iran, for instance, but I think that the prejudice towards me as a non Muslim would offset it.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
"Hark, the herald angels sing, advertising Christmas things!" The folks involved were from "Lonk Ilant". Maybe some worked on Wall Street? Remember Michael Douglas on greed in the movie of the same name.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.