Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trainer has a nice webbed sling and wonderful wood that reminds me of wormy chestnut! This wood was NOT infested after the wood was cut into a stock, but was this way was when the stock blank was cut. Maybe it was thought to be inferior and good just for a training stock v. a combat stock.

Odd, the floorplate and trigger guard is numbered too. Any thoughts on this one? Thx...Bob

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Nice example of a Japanese T-38 unmarked training rifle. Don't recall seeing a stock "damaged" like yours before. Interesting. Was this another auction purchase or did you obtain it at a show?

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
4,323 Posts
I agree with the photo evidence that the stock was milled AFTER worm infestation. Cool!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brad for the support. There is beetle damage that is parallel and near the surface. Beetle larvae bore into wood, not along the surface. Some of the damage was milled through to reveal some longer tunnels that were cut through...

This isn't a recent addition. I collect german trainers and thought this one a nice find several yrs ago...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts